Zelda Twilight Princess, Classic Controller.. yes?

miiplaywii said:
If it wasn't for the pointer aim, I would be disappointed with the controls. I wouldn't say there's noticable latency but the hand movements you do are seen digitally to the game, they replace the push of a button. This game was mainly made for Gamecube. I expect in the next Zelda, designed for Wii, your specific hand motions will manipulate the way link swings the sword. I prefer these new controls but theres h u g e room for improvement.

The way link swings his sword and the movement to do it is that way for a reason. It has to wait for a move to finish before you can do another. You know, kind of like you would have to IN REAL LIFE.

Wow if this is the latency people have been referring to, then you are all just really stupid.

And if you thought you would have 100% control over links sword...then you are also just dumb, because that would kind of go against zelda games in general. That would kind of remove the point of having special attacks in the way that they are and have been.

Zelda is pretty easy to get use to so I dotn care much, and DBZ HAD to of had the classic contoller work with it or else it would be just as hard to lay as Red Steel.

JerrodDRagon said:
Zelda is pretty easy to get use to so I dotn care much, and DBZ HAD to of had the classic contoller work with it or else it would be just as hard to lay as Red Steel.

Red steel is easy to play. Unless you are under 12 or really bad at fps.

vagrant said:
Red steel is easy to play. Unless you are under 12 or really bad at fps.
I guess Im bad at fps since I hate the control's and catn have fun playing the game.

JerrodDRagon said:
I guess Im bad at fps since I hate the control's and catn have fun playing the game.

I guess so. People who aren't FPS gamers, won't like FPS games. And normal console controling FPS gaming is so terrible in many ways.

vagrant said:
Get your **** fixed, because I don't know what latency you are
referring to.
You have my sympathy, since you claim to be a FPS gamer. Plenty of people have concurred with the observation that the Wiimote's motion/angle reckoning has lag. The only argument left is why.

[I have an amazing idea, switch the hand that the wiimote/nunchuk are in.
And this fixes what? In my capacity as a left-hander, I have two choices. Control the analog stick (nunchuk) with my left hand - which feels natural since that's how it's been done for almost a decade - and try to get used to fine aiming/slicing/etc. with my offhand (I've tried. It's not happening.) Or switch them around and now be saddled with trying to control movement with my offhand. There is no good solution, and in my estimation the two choices are so identically bad that I could pretty much switch between both every 30 minutes and the experience wouldn't be any worse. As you can hopefully recognize, the choice is very easy for a right-hander, and of course I imagine it's quite comfortable.

Colmino said:
This is not easy to answer. Have you ever played a RPG that let you control the rotation of the (third person) camera, but only in one direction - opposite of how you like? That's sort of how I feel using the Wiimote/chuck combo.

I would say I am used to performing all the fine control with my left thumb (I do happen to be left-handed) and less precise tasks (buttons, camera) with my right. But the Wiimote demands two left hands if I want the same level of control. I can't figure out which hand to use to hold which stick. This is a problem right-handers are not likely to encounter. They'll be using their right hand for the Wiimote for 100% of their games, and it is no transition at all for them to place that nunchuck's thumb pad in their left hand since they've been doing that for years. In essence, what the control scheme demands from me is tantamount to learning to use a mouse (with equal effectiveness) with my non-primary hand. This is difficult, uncomfortable, and - in light of how it could have been solved with the same controller support that the GC version will have - stupid.
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm also a lefty and the first time I played a Wii, I was constantly switching hands with the controller. I had no idea which was better. After a couple of days, I finally got a somewhat natural feel for it and after a full week, I've forgotten I've even had any problems with it. it just feels good. Basically, just keep trying. You'll get the right feel for it eventually.

Back