10 reasons why the Wii will continue to dominate in 2008

Is there a list of major games of 08 for the Xbox360? If so, could you PM me a link, please?

Kirby Wii looks exciting, I liked the Kirby Masterpiece in SSBB so a platform Kirby would be fun.

CantGetAWii said:
This year is looking to be a lot better than previous ones for sure.

Tons of great titles for the Wii, competition will be stiff though.

yeah but IMO they did something wrong when they released ssbb and mario kart within month or two of each other. everything good will be spent on first 6 months. if they had releasd mario kart at the end of the year, it would have been better since gamers would have been craving for something good after ssbb. between thhose two, people wouldnt be able choosr between two because they can be played for a long time. it would even out of course if ninty releases killer games during the 3 and 4 quarter.

vashivihan said:
yeah but IMO they did something wrong when they released ssbb and mario kart within month or two of each other. everything good will be spent on first 6 months. if they had releasd mario kart at the end of the year, it would have been better since gamers would have been craving for something good after ssbb. between thhose two, people wouldnt be able choosr between two because they can be played for a long time. it would even out of course if ninty releases killer games during the 3 and 4 quarter.
I disagree. While there are plenty of people who will want and buy both, I think there is such a significant number of people to whom only one game appeals that Nintendo saw the benefit of getting them out ASAP.

If those who only care about Mario Kart had to wait until the end of 2008 to get the game they most want in 2008, it'd be quite the miserable year. Why artificially delay the release?

I am personally in the Mario Kart group. I couldn't care less about SSBB, but I'm hotly anticipating Mario Kart Wii. I can think of a lot of my friends who are the same way.

sremick said:
I disagree. While there are plenty of people who will want and buy both, I think there is such a significant number of people to whom only one game appeals that Nintendo saw the benefit of getting them out ASAP.

If those who only care about Mario Kart had to wait until the end of 2008 to get the game they most want in 2008, it'd be quite the miserable year. Why artificially delay the release?

I am personally in the Mario Kart group. I couldn't care less about SSBB, but I'm hotly anticipating Mario Kart Wii. I can think of a lot of my friends who are the same way.

yeah and i respect your position but thats just my opinion. why blow all your steam at once? let it out slowly so u dont become a dud. unless ninty has something "3P1C W1N" stuff coming out that they havent announced yet.

1. I never heard of animal crossing in my life, untill now.
can anyone tell me what it is -_-?

2. I heard that 2008 is ps3 year.. Which means the new technology, the blue ray will out sell nintendo and microsoft..
Thats what ppl said.

jason416 said:

2. I heard that 2008 is ps3 year.. Which means the new technology, the blue ray will out sell nintendo and microsoft..
Thats what ppl said.

1. Animal Crossing (for the Gamecube anyway): You start out on a train moving to a new city. You get there and have to buy a house, but you have no money so you have to sell pretty much everything you find. Once you settle into your house you can talk with the villagers and occasional visitors and depending on how you treat them your villagers either like you (send you stuff) or don't like you. Animal Crossing is full of everything, from town events (based on your GCNs internal clock), so you can have Christmas celebrations on Christmas. You can travel to your friends towns and meet their villagers. You can play the "Turnip Market" and buy and sell Turnips at the local store. Animal Crossing is a lot like life (only without pretty much everything lol), you shop at the store, you fish in the river/ocean, you talk with people, you even have to pick weeds from your town. Animal Crossing has no end, you can play as long and as hard as you want but you cannot finish this game.

2. The blue ray will only appeal to a certain number of people (those who actually know what it is lol) where as Nintendo is focusing on making games. Games for everybody, from your 4 year old sister to your 80 year old grandfather. A lot of people who buy Wiis buy them because of Wii Sports, Big Brain Academy and now Wii Fit. Hard core gamers are a small majority of the world and Nintendo knows this, thats why they make games that appeal to everyone.

Yeah only it has a lot less freedom, but it has animals lol

Animal Crossing DS was pretty fun.
that was the only AC game I have ever played

I'm looking forward to Kirby Wii.:yesnod:

jason416 said:

Thats what ppl said.
This year could be PS3 year because big titles like MGS4 and FFXIII are suppose to be launching for it :x

Shitty list IMO

The only thing I like is Mario Kart Wii and a possible Kid Icarus/Punch-out

Everything else is either trash or just worthless to me

WiiWare is good but I dont like paying for downloads, thats why XBLA is worthless to me also

Back