25 Year-Old Japanese Man Arrested For Allegedly Threatening To Blow Up Nintendo's HQ

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000

Said he would kill Nintendo executives "sooner or later"
It has been reported today that a 25 year-old Japanese man has been arrested in connection with death threats made against executives at Nintendo.
According to Sankei News, the suspect used Nintendo's online inquiry form to make the threats, even going as far as to name the Nintendo staff he wished to kill. Their names have not been revealed.
The man — who has also not been named at this stage — was arrested by Tokyo police this morning, and has admitted to his actions. He is also charged with writing other messages on the Nintendo site, one of which stated:
I'd planted bombs at Nintendo headquarters, tomorrow afternoon they're going to blow up, Nintendo go bankrupt.
This comment was tracked using the IP address of the suspect's computer.
It's not the first time Nintendo has had to face such threats — last year, a virus was responsible for a bomb scare at the company's HQ

Fanboys are a stain on gaming all the same, regardless of their preferred brand obsession.

The word "fanboy" has no meaning, and is as pointless as slinging around the term "gimmick". It does help identifying people who don't know what they're talking about though.

If you use a word, mean it.

Saying fanboy this and fanboy that for derogatory purposes simply reinforces the idea that the person is unreliable on the topic at hand. A true "fanatic" means being extreme and those type of people are also extremely hard to find. If anything using the term fanboy means that the person himself is one. That's what my time on popular gaming forums has shown.

The word "fanboy" has no meaning, and is as pointless as slinging around the term "gimmick". It does help identifying people who don't know what they're talking about though.

A more thorough explanation is that since the word fanboy is supposed to be a derogatory term, it's meant to draw attention away at the topic and hide the person's lack of knowledge of said topic.

Why, you can easily look at the first response to this very topic in order to prove my point. Not only is it factually inaccurate, including claiming that buying a console equates to being fanboy and that they are terrorists, it also derailed the topic, as seen by the response following that. By extension of floyd's words, you also said that all PS4 owners are a stain on gaming. And none of us like the Xbone. So, this means there is a strong discrimination against all non-WiiU consoles here.

Ergo: No John, you are the zombie.

I think it's a fair conclusion, no?

you also said that all PS4 owners are a stain on gaming.

wat? no

My point was that fanboyism is the lamesauce, plain 'n simple. I didn't at all agree with Floydian's hideously broad statement aimed at Sony consumers; that, and I was kinda sort'a tryin' to convey in subtext that I blatantly disagree with 'em, labeling people so hastily (and incorrectly) as fanboys. Didn't think I'd need to say it openly since I thought most-everyone was well aware of my opinion on all'a this.

And t' be fair, the topic wasn't goin' anywhere fast anyways.

Is it permissible to judge something as "lamesauce" without knowing what the subject in question is? What is a fanboy? Are you not a fan of karps and RDR?

Back