4 controllers

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
What do you think will be the best controllers for brawl?

To people who already played it, wat's ur preferences?

I'm not sure on whether to buy gamecube controllers, or classic controllers

or maybe i dont have to buy them because of the nunchucks and wii remotes

Really at this point, noone will be much of a help. No one has played it (unless its the Non-American version) so for someone to say that it is way to better to use one certain control is going to make no difference. You yourself will be the one who decides when the game comes out. Why go on someone else's opinion, everyone will have their own idea. So just wait for the game to come out or play SSBM and try out the GC control or you can buy the VC game SSB and see if you like the classic control.

to KTIGZ:
many people actually have played the Jap version which is identical to ours with the obvious language difference so their opinion IS valuable. but you are right its still up to personal preference

to Phillepino:
i've read a couple reviews and CC and GC are the common favorite. wiimote in its side is supposed to be super awkward... which makes sense... and so is wiimote and nunchuck... but really reviews arent really needed.. all yo have to do is look at the controller and figure out what button you'd have to press to jump, hit, special move etc. and its easy to figure out the standard wiimote isn't set up for smash brothers

Probably the best will be the game cube controllers, but who knows? Remember, the game was originally intended to be GC controllers only.

I think the most used controller will be the classic controller and the gamecube controller. The wiimote may be quite difficult, but I will still practice with it just incase.

The gamecube and classic will definitely be on top. Some argue that the GC is better than the Classic but it's all personal preference since both, button config wise, are essentially the same and the GC is still in the hearts of those who played Melee. I foresee in the future that people will be more accepting of the classic.

I've also heard that the wiimote + nunchuck combo is actually a great setup. It is, however, awkward at first but give it time and get used to it, you will see that it does have it's own advantages. An example would be that the a and b buttons are at your fingertips, rather than have just your thumb doing double duty (on the gamecube controller). However, shaking to do a smash is really awkward. The wiimote, i've heard, is a little awkward since the d-pad is only vertical or horizontal so gamepad burns (whatever you call them) and sores will definitely occur. But it's all up to you.

I will probably go with the classic since i don't have a wavebird. But I will give the wiimote + nunchuck a try and even the wiimote just to see what it's like.

Back