A really broken WiiMote?

Rich1353

Powed by Nintendo
Dec 26, 2007
Sounds familiar and I'm hoping its something simple but I've tried most of the obvious tricks.
After a few hours of Wii Sports the remote stopped recognising most movement, I can still direct the cursor but it doesn't recognise any swings or shaking. I tried slapping it against my palm a few times but to no avail, Later while playing Zelda the +, home and - buttons stopped working. It seems like an actual mechanical fault.
All the other buttons work and the batteries are fine

So slapping the wiimote against your palm didn't work?

In that case, I would try resincing the wiimote to the wii. (The red buttons) And then reseting the wii all together.

If neither of those work, make sure you test the wiimote on other games or channels to make sure that it is the wiimote that is broken and not the wii.

If all of those things fail, call Nintendo support. They will most likely replace it for you.

Yeah I tried my muckers wiimote and it was working fine. I'll give the 'master reset' technique a go now. :wink:
Thanks bro

Edit: Thanks skippy I bought it from some random website, I was dreading chasing them up. I hope nintendo can handle everything it would be a lot easier I'm guessing

Last edited:
Nice one guys the master rest techique and a re-sync got the buttons working... but directing the cursor around the wii menu was a bit of a comical affair it was erratic as a deaf bat. I bashed it about a bit and its all good. I wonder what wierd electronic things where going on in the bowels of that Wiimote. :lol:

Back