A Warning - do NOT update your NTSC-U/J Wii with Mario Strikers Charged from Europe

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
Just like the NTSC version of SPM would brick a PAL Wii the current European versions of Mario Strikers will apply an incompatible update to your Japanese or American Wii.

Go online and update your Wii before even inserting the Strikers disc and run an update to prevent the problem. Edit: 2.2U/J seems to be the minimum safe version afaik

I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Last edited:
No it bricked a friends console who lives in Asia. In places like Indonesia, Philippines, and the like its very hard to find a console that hasn't been modded. Because of this there are LOTS of pirated games being sold in stores and the retailers usually know nothing of the problem. A good chunk of the population with the system never thought to connect it to the internet and this was the first game to be released in Europe before Japan with an update.

In short there are HORDES of users in Asia with broken Wiis right now. :(

Edit: I guess I should have posted this in the Strikers forum? Didn't even realize one existed until a few minutes ago

Last edited:
Brick meaning it doesn't allow oline play with Strikers Charged???

Or it doesn't allow online play ever again?

Umm ouch.
Thanks for the heads up.

Good to know, good thing I updated my Wii before sticking in a copy of Mario Strikers Charged Football (import)...

Now I'm ballin' online baby... :lol:

Um, if you must know. I'm in North America enjoying the Euros release...

most games being sold in asia are either US or Japanese version.. unless euro or auss version comes in.

Back