AC Character Confirmed?

Smthng706

X-NSider
Sep 18, 2007
I found this posted by former NSider Sage, Bulerias

From a Famitsu interview...

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

So NO, people, it's not Resetti. It's just going to be your regular AC character.

source

Ness said:
good find!

Thank you :) I'm confident it's true. I don't see why they wouldn't add an AC character in. The more the better is my view!

i KNEW they would ad a boy or girl, I always told everyone...I mean why would they put Resetti or Nook if the mains are boys and girls

axtlar. they never said not nook. and they never said ''the boy and girl character is fun to play as'' i really think that if they made another couple it would make the ice climbers less original since their the only couple team.

I haven't played any MGS games but I'm sure there will be characters in the game in the form of Assist Trophies at least.

Why does it start out referring to it as "Animal Forest" (which is okay) and then switch to "Animal Crossing" near the end? >_>

It's also very nondescript on who it is, and I think it's unsafe to assume it's the boy/girl. Personally, I thought it was obvious that an AC character was going to be in. The fact that AC has an icon is almost unshatterable evidence.

And despite the fact that Bulerias is a sage on Nsider (I was a user there, and can confirm this knowledge) he still shows no source, and I have not found a source anywhere else. If you can provide a legitimate one, I might change my mind.

Demon Slayer said:
Well i would assume that it's called Animal Forest in Japan xD
Well, yes, I know that. That's not what I meant.

Look closely...

"I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros."
"we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item"
"and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character"

He starts out referring to the series as "Animal Forest", the Japanese name...but oh, what's this?...

"The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games."

Hmmm...he appears to have switched to calling it "Animal Crossing" (the non-Japanese name) instead of "Animal Forest". Now obviously, someone from Japan is going to be completely accustomed to calling a game "Animal Forest", and the fact it's called "Animal Crossing" in the U.S. is a mere side-note. If the person who wrote this article is a fraud, he just screwed up big time.

It just struck me as being odd... It made me question the legitimacy of the article.

Last edited:
Thanks for noticing that, The Fear...now we know it's a fake..good job dude-rep

Back