Advice for newer players looking to legitimately gain xp

That's what I thought. I think snap shot was originally added to the game because when most people play with classic controller, it is with a "fixed" reticule. When using the wiimote, snap shot is less effective because you can "freewheel" it around the screen and individually select targets without changing your perspective direction. I've used both and I find snapshot more effective for firing on someone while running at full speed and wii mote better when you have multiple targets in your field of view - although running and "pointing the wii mote as you run by" gets easier with practice.

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING

-If you and your entire team are spawn locked, stop running at the opposing team with guns blazing! Try flanking them for heavens sake.
-RTM's are best used as an offensive weapon, not a defensive tool.
-Don't spawn the Hero to save your life...
-Never stop moving. Ever.
-ADS snap IS useful, but you cannot depend on it to win consistantly. You MUST learn to hip-fire.
-Think about all the tips in this entire thread, then figure out a counter to all of it.
-

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING

-If you and your entire team are spawn locked, stop running at the opposing team with guns blazing! Try flanking them for heavens sake.
-RTM's are best used as an offensive weapon, not a defensive tool.
-Don't spawn the Hero to save your life...
-Never stop moving. Ever.
-ADS snap IS useful, but you cannot depend on it to win consistantly. You MUST learn to hip-fire.
-Think about all the tips in this entire thread, then figure out a counter to all of it.
-

You forgot drinking beer....this also improves performance :D

Relaxing goes only so far though...
I usually hang back in my coach half lying down. And i do notice that the few times i sit upright and my eyes have a better focus on the screen my game and mostly my aim improves quite a bit.
That said, lying back in your coach is part of console gamig, so not gonna change that anytime soon.

For newer players looking to improve, try calling the Nintendo "Powerline to the Pro's"...:thumbsup:
1.gif

When i was young 7yrs old or so, i actually called the nintendo help desk. I was stuck in some snes game.
Can't recall which one, except that the game was not very good.
Mind you, back then i played all kinds of c'rap. I actually completed games as Home Alone and Denis the menace.
And i'm telling you that stuff was hard. I had a much easier time with Zelda(link to the past) and mario world.
Even now i recall how quick those bandits moved at the latter levels and how one green salamander was near impossible to reach(i must have jumped a thousand times) in home alone.

Some great memories though from back then. It's probably just nostalgia added with the fact that i was a little kid and everything seems more fun as a little kid, but i always have it in my mind that the games where actually better back then. At the top of the hat there is playing sonic at my neighbours (they had the sega, we the nintendo), ISS (best soccer game i ever had), Mariokart, Battletoads, some weird fighter where you plated with the most crazy characters like a blob, tagliatelly, clown, clay dude, ... . Then there as Bomberman, ... . Seriously gaming has never been that good. I just saddens me to see what happens to some of the franchises from back then and how 3D has ruined them.

Damn, i'm in my twenties now and i'm feeling old all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Well I still harken back to the days of pinball - before video games caught on...my personal fave..."The Getaway 2"...

[video=youtube;Y96caKsA0Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96caKsA0Mw&feature=related[/video]

Sorry - I guess what I am trying to say...is that the real reason for my GE success is that I develped those lightning quick reflexes early on in life by playing pinball! So if you are a newer GE player looking to improve...umm...play lots of pinball and you will have a faster trigger finger! umm yeah! :thumbsup:

(gotta keep things on-topic, you know ;))

Well, a good way to improve is play against better players.
It's hell, and really frustrating to lose time and time again but it makes you better.

Take me for instance, as much as i hate too admit my brother is a tad better than me at playing games.
You lot probably won't believe me since he's not playing much wii (he's more into PC games atm, but he'd probably give Daisy-Fan a run for his money).
(I blame it on the fact that he got to start playing at age 4 when i bought the snes, and i only started when i 6-7).

I can beat him sometimes, but 8 out of 10 he bests me.
(and those 2 times usually come in games he didn't like as much like F-zeo X or by playing with a haxed character like Kirby).
For the longest time i've played mostly against him (Mariokart, Mariokart64, SmashBros64, Goldeneye64, ...)
And it was actually more rare to play against other people.So whenever i was playing friends it was baffling to find out how easy i could win against some of them.
I remember winning my First Tekken match (even though i barely knew the controlls, and hardly played with the PSX controller).

Playing against someone better than you does make you better. In a way it did gave me an inferiority complex.
When internet came, i fully expected to find that most people would be better than me.
Only to find that after years of losing against my brother, has brought my gaming skills up to the more upper levels of mediocraty.
I'm not that good, but to my ever eternal surprise i usually end up finding myself slightly above average.

Last edited:
Back