Gaining XP

Blackecho

Level 56
Jan 29, 2011
Yorkshire, UK
Wii Online Code
0689-0434-9393-0000
Hi, new to the forum and newish to the game, so go easy on me :)

I have been playing online for a couple of weeks now and up to Level 20, its getting slow going now though as I'm guessing the XP needed to increase your level increases each level?

What's the quickest way to gain XP? - I've been playing Heros mostly as I seem to get more joy there.

Also, I have seen players with lower ranks than me running around with grenade launchers, but can't find out how to get one yet?

Anyways, guess I've probably played against quite a few of you, so hi!

PS. Love the game!

they probably picked it up off a dead guy. if no one at level 54 is/has been in the game then i dunno

im at 21 and i seem to get most xp points playing conflict. i still party up when i get the chance though

I have been playing online for a couple of weeks now and up to Level 20, its getting slow going now though as I'm guessing the XP needed to increase your level increases each level?

Yeah. It gets slower as you level up.

What's the quickest way to gain XP? - I've been playing Heros mostly as I seem to get more joy there.
Heroes is generally good for experience. Killing a hero nets 50xp, but it can be hard to get consecutive kills with all the camping + uber weapons.
Conflict is probably the best overall for xp, if you're any good. Try getting consecutive kills for extra xp.

Also, I have seen players with lower ranks than me running around with grenade launchers, but can't find out how to get one yet?
The "Assault" loadout comes with an assault rifle with a grenade launcher attachment.

black box games are usually shorter

If you're not a deadeye pro scoring over 300 points per game try the black box games. If you understand the rules of black box and have at least one other person on the team who knows what they are doing you can finish a game in under four minutes and have 100-300 XP points. I don't see a lot of the other games ending with a victory condition. It's usually the ten minute timer going off.

My basic strategies

MI6 team (kill the box): shotgun at point blank range, watch out for teammate explosions when throwing your own bombs (which sets off yours and kills you)

bad guy team (hold the box): smoke up the place (distraction) and run!

If you're not a deadeye pro scoring over 300 points per game try the black box games. If you understand the rules of black box and have at least one other person on the team who knows what they are doing you can finish a game in under four minutes and have 100-300 XP points. I don't see a lot of the other games ending with a victory condition. It's usually the ten minute timer going off.

My basic strategies

MI6 team (kill the box): shotgun at point blank range, watch out for teammate explosions when throwing your own bombs (which sets off yours and kills you)

bad guy team (hold the box): smoke up the place (distraction) and run!

Thanks for the suggestion.

gawd its annoying when noobs run around the archives or the facility using the grenade launcher. they'll even use it when they're right in front of me and kill themselves too lol. the XP system in this game is so brutal. being lv 50 is only about half way to lv 56.

Well I promise 100-300 xp per game make for a long road to the top. Shoot for more like 500-800 xp per match. Once you get into the mid 30's you'll be looking at around 35,000 xp per level. Heroes or conflict will get you the most xp. Streaks are important as are dominations, so not dying alot is key to achieve this. 150 xp for 10 streaks. Kill heroes(50 xp), level your weapons, get combat abilities, get first in your team(50 xp) 2:1 death ratio gives you 50 xp as well. 50 xp for a win in heroes and 75 xp for a win in conflict.

Yeah, if you can hit streaks and not get murdered by people 10-20 levels higher than you then obviously you want to try to score as many XP as you can in regular games. I just found for the amount of time you spend in a conflict or heroes game I can knock out two black box games and score more points.

So it terms of actually gaining XP the fastest (not in the biggest chunks), I'll take the shorter games to get there.

Well I promise 100-300 xp per game make for a long road to the top. Shoot for more like 500-800 xp per match. Once you get into the mid 30's you'll be looking at around 35,000 xp per level. Heroes or conflict will get you the most xp. Streaks are important as are dominations, so not dying alot is key to achieve this. 150 xp for 10 streaks. Kill heroes(50 xp), level your weapons, get combat abilities, get first in your team(50 xp) 2:1 death ratio gives you 50 xp as well. 50 xp for a win in heroes and 75 xp for a win in conflict.

You're completely missing the point. Raw XP per match is useless information.

800XP in 10 minutes is about equal to 300XP in 4 minutes. Conflict games go to 10 minutes routinely, where it's very rare to see a Black Box go to the full time (iirc, the Poke-team claims to clear Jungle black box in ~40 seconds). As an indirect result, the fixed end-of-match bonuses pay out more often, so for newer players it makes sense to be in a gametype they can get more of those.

Also, Heroes is great until you go 3 matches with a team who won't hero up. I don't mean to imply you should constantly have a hero on the field as I do understand it's conditional on the situation and it's daft to hero up when staring at 3 enemies, but out of an entire match you ought to find a few opportunities.

800XP in 10 minutes is about equal to 300XP in 4 minutes. Conflict games go to 10 minutes routinely, where it's very rare to see a Black Box go to the full time (iirc, the Poke-team claims to clear Jungle black box in ~40 seconds). As an indirect result, the fixed end-of-match bonuses pay out more often, so for newer players it makes sense to be in a gametype they can get more of those.

Also, Heroes is great until you go 3 matches with a team who won't hero up. I don't mean to imply you should constantly have a hero on the field as I do understand it's conditional on the situation and it's daft to hero up when staring at 3 enemies, but out of an entire match you ought to find a few opportunities.

No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.

Last edited:

No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.

You actually pick up & use the golden gun? That's kinda confusing. You get a maximum of 8 kills with it. Even with the golden gun 5-streak bonus I never find it giving more XP than just treating it like a 40-kill Conflict where everyone else inexplicably runs towards a giant marker on the battlefield for my convenience. I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this, a few days back I got a 30-kill streak block on a player named 'abc'. I'm normally pulling host myself, not really sure why I'd want a teammate to have it.

And really, you're advising a new player based on your experience pulling a grand a match. You've got to be getting multiple 10-streaks and 5x domination to get up there without weapon levels. Can you not see how that's not good as 'general' advice? I mean, just post "suck less" and call it a day if that's all you really have to offer.

Back