Alternative Energy Sources

I think its possible to reprocess nuclear waste which also speeds up its decay rate by seperating the usable elements .

Shooting it into the Sun sounds pretty dangerous

Last edited:
It's all heisenberg from there Dr. Mario.

Yes it is possible to re-process the waste, and that is being looked into. It's shaping up to be quite expensive and might require more energy than it puts out.

Fusion has been invented... Even a high-school kid can make a fusion generator. It just requires more energy to start it.

You know what ELSE has **** loads of power? Fission...

He3 wouldn't be mine-able, it is a molecule, and most likely a gas at room temperature.

I agree, how would Helium be mine-able?

Also, liking the new avy and user title.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
He3 wouldn't be mine-able, it is a molecule, and most likely a gas at room temperature.

Actually we could mine it... from the Moon's surface. Helium-3 gets deposited on the Moon by solar wind, and embedded in the lunar soil, so there should be plenty to find there.

Napalmbrain said:
Actually we could mine it... from the Moon's surface. Helium-3 gets deposited on the Moon by solar wind, and embedded in the lunar soil, so there should be plenty to find there.

How many trips to the moon would it take to harvest 5000 tons though ?

It would be like driving 300 miles to buy petrol for your car .

How much of the 5000 tons per year will be used by just going to the moon and getting it ?

el-zilcho said:
How many trips to the moon would it take to harvest 5000 tons though ?

It would be like driving 300 miles to buy petrol for your car .

How much of the 5000 tons per year will be used by just going to the moon and getting it ?

There's apparently more than enough helium-3 there to make a trip worth it. Kind of like driving 300 miles to get 30000 miles worth of fuel, if you will+. It'll probably be at least a few decades before we see helium-3 mining on the moon though.

Eagles said:
So are you two telling me that you can't mine Natural Gas, because it's a gas at room temperature?

I'd not call it mining. In the pure sense of the word. :lol:

So where did the anti-fission people go?

Also, @ the guy saying terrorists will use them... Have you SEEN the walls they've built. The one in South Haven, Mich has concrete walls about 130 ft thick. They've already guarded against it. Although not quite sure what an A380 could do... D:

I love to go down there and swim in December when the water's 70 degrees. (21 for you Celsius lovers. Or 294K if you're a complete nerd.)

Back