Why Wii Didn't "Win" 2007

While the 360 had a great year in terms of games in 2007, I still think that the Wii won overall.

360 - 4.8 billion
Wii - 3.5 billion

When you factor in that most of the 360 systems cost more than the Wii, controllers cost $10 more and the games usually cost $10 to $20 more each, then that would make it seem much closer than those figures would initially indicate.

Besides its obvious that Nintendo was the real success story of 2007, they are the only company that actually made a profit! So how could 360 win in terms of revenue?? As for attach rates, the 360's 7 per console isn't really that impressive compared to the Wii's 5 per console, considering it has been out for twice the amount of time.

Wii wins the 2007 war, although i would give 2nd place to 360 for having the strongest game line up.

Silent-Sniper said:
Is cantgetawii a bot or something because all his threads are C&P...

Nah, hes just making it easier for lazy people like me to read articles about stuff i guess...

Thats what you see as a troll? Thats just an instigator.

and if my post instigated anyone then thats pretty damn sad.

Besides, its not like I was wrong, look at the damn thread responses.

Interesting article. A few good responses as well. I don't think there really is a clear cut winner due to all the different ways you can view it.

I am in dissaprovement. This dissaprovement makes a diferent.

For simply posting thing article, CantGetaWii, you are a wii hater.

T3kNi9e said:
Thats what you see as a troll? Thats just an instigator.

and if my post instigated anyone then thats pretty damn sad.

Besides, its not like I was wrong, look at the damn thread responses.

Trolls are instigators, just worst. i think i need some pudding...

Oh yeah, just to clear this up, think the article tells the truth. Flat out

I'm in disaprovement of your disaprovement, Trulen. You're such a freaking wii fanboy. Maybe I should call you "Trollen".

There is only 2 ways to look at it...

Unbiased based on profit alone. The sheer amount of money the company brings in because of overall sales,losses,assets ect. That doesn't even have to include who sold the most consoles or games! just who did the best as a company overall with this gen console.

Or taking your own personal "biased" view of it and using your own opinion of console quality, tossing in a mixture of numbers including overall sales, game ratings, 3rd party support, company losses including technical failures and initial loss of console profit numbers.... mix them all together and you always end up being right when you put it in the order that suits your opinion.
All of wich have nothing to do with how well the company did but how you personally view that company based on your own likes and dislikes in the gaming world.

So the winner for 2007 is

Based on you Opinion = Fill in your own winner here_______ followed by your own personal fanboy reasons

Based on overall World Profit numbers = Wii

Its simple math over opinion, I think the math wins it again...

[media]http://web.mit.edu/mna/Public/find_x_lol.jpg[/media]

Last edited:
As "Trollen" bans you* so what? I agree as well.

I love the Wii and I'm in denial just as Trullen is that the 360 "won" this race as well. Mind you I wasn't paying as much attention to Microsoft. I just don't think their effort level is anywhere near even Sony (god knows they're trying to sell, they're crapping themselves over the revenue they just lost out on).

Trulen said:
I am in dissaprovement. This dissaprovement makes a diferent.

For simply posting thing article, CantGetaWii, you are a wii hater.

Im assuming you were being sarcastic, but in all seriousness last time he posted an article someone really did start crying and calling him a Wii hater or 360 fanboy, even though he only owns a Wii.

i do agree however, it was way too close for microsoft to sit comfortably though since
a.) they already sold their best selling game
b.)wii did not

Back