Why Wii Didn't "Win" 2007

T3kNi9e said:
Wezeles

You're like an addict to the crack pipe.

I mean dang you are at every Wii post doing the same...LOL And you don't even add any thing worth talking about most of the time. You only want him to put the pipe down so you can pick it up.

It's an opinion piece and the xbox does make them lots of money cool. You guys are not really talking about how much those games cost to make are you? Oh well thats cool too. What ever makes you feel good. If you think the xbox 360 won then thats cool too. I like how every one is changing the rules for what matters...LOL I mean I know you love your platform but that won't make it win unless you are planning to keep on buy crazy amounts of games.

Really the only losers was the PS3 yet the Wii is the biggest winner in my eyes as they are meeting the important goals which is getting your system out to as many gamers as possible. If I'm a publisher thats what I care about the most unless I'm going to put guitars in every game package. I mean if we based those same reason on an argument for PC gaming then I think the PC gamers out spent you and they bought more software...LOL Thats why the reasoning for this is a little silly. Yet the xbox will still be the console for grown men it seems which is cool but there is a problem because that market doesn't seem to be growing. It seems stagnate. Expansion and growth is important other wises only one type of gamer will end up populating you console.

The first mistake is using revenue as a benchmark. Er....making huge amounts of revenue means jack**** if you're not making a profit which is what companies and shareholders care about. Ergo, the entire first section is meaningless and a waste of time.

The second mistake is use Zach and Wiki as an example of 3rd parties not being hyped/sold. We can only blame Capcom for poor sales, with the lack of advertising and shipping low quantities of the game. The 360 definitely won 3rd party-wise. 3rd parties just need to get off their asses and get over the misconception that "3rd party games don't sell well".

The third mistake is listing the Wii's attach rate and then saying that too many people are buying Wiis and not getting anymore games. WTF, the last time I checked 5 is more than 0 so the average consumer must be buying games. It's like a complete contradiction. If you're going to use attach rates, at least recognize that 5 games per Wii is not something to be worried about especially considering how fast the console is selling which deflates the attach rate.

I personally think the 360 won. Although whenever possible, I buy it on the PC for the keyboard and mouse controls. Orange Box being the most recent example.

I really don't care about number of consoles sold, only the number of games that interest me, which is why 360 would get my vote.

beamolite said:
Doesn't mention how many 360s fail from overheating though. My nephews have gone through 4 in the last year.

And if Nintendo weren't too ashamed to post their consoles failure rate, I'm sure we'd all be surprised too. My first Wii tanked, and it sounds like my second might be on the way. Just google Wii failure or something. There has been tons of discussion about Wii's failing on internet boards with two failure types being primary: melting graphics chip (green pixels and whatnot) and disc drive failures. The failure rate probably isn't as high as the 360, but it's undoubtly much higher than most think and makes the Wii FAR from infallible.

WiitnessID said:
I mean dang you are at every Wii post doing the same...LOL And you don't even add any thing worth talking about most of the time. You only want him to put the pipe down so you can pick it up.

It's an opinion piece and the xbox does make them lots of money cool. You guys are not really talking about how much those games cost to make are you? Oh well thats cool too. What ever makes you feel good. If you think the xbox 360 won then thats cool too. I like how every one is changing the rules for what matters...LOL I mean I know you love your platform but that won't make it win unless you are planning to keep on buy crazy amounts of games.

Really the only losers was the PS3 yet the Wii is the biggest winner in my eyes as they are meeting the important goals which is getting your system out to as many gamers as possible. If I'm a publisher thats what I care about the most unless I'm going to put guitars in every game package. I mean if we based those same reason on an argument for PC gaming then I think the PC gamers out spent you and they bought more software...LOL Thats why the reasoning for this is a little silly. Yet the xbox will still be the console for grown men it seems which is cool but there is a problem because that market doesn't seem to be growing. It seems stagnate. Expansion and growth is important other wises only one type of gamer will end up populating you console.

Can i have a hug? No srsly, some one else who thinks what i think.

haha!

I stopped reading after he said that its 'difficult to find worldwide revenue data, so we'll just take data from the US'. Thats the most misleading bs I've ever heard, Nintendo is killing in Asia.

Nintendo is getting consumers for life with the wii. They are getting their name out there, which is something the Gamecube couldn't do. When the next generation comes around, casuals EVERYWHERE are going to remember the Nintendo name, and buy the console just because it has that single word printed on it.

Wii might not have won, but Nintendo has.

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
Never heard of a fanboy who had all 3 consoles. Especially when this past week and a half I been playing the Wii only and havent touched my PS3.

But I have heard of fanboys who only own Nintendo consoles (you).

Also those links about the failure rates are completely unnecessary because anyone who tries to deny 360's failure rate is in complete denial. Everyone knows it has a 1 and 3 failure rate. Apparently its been cut down from 1 and 10 (you even have a link) which IMO is pretty good compared to what it was.

But he wasnt saying 360's failure rate wasn't high. Infact nowhere in his post does he say 360's failure rate isnt high. He said the Wii isnt indestructible and Wii's DO fail. The difference is its obviously not as high as 360 because no one is really talking about it. Hell in another topic thats going on now there's atleast 3 people saying they sent in there Wii for repairs, which shocked me.

This is an example of how you love your Wii so much that no matter what you do, you are drawn in to defend your console at all costs. Just like now for some reason you were inclined to give links that its 33% failure rate when he never denied that nor did he say anything to discredit that.

Ok What is there to defend? It has 20+ million... things are fine over here??? What are you talking about it's the HD stuff thats on the ropes right now even if they made you spend more money. It's an opinion piece nothing more hell even peter moore is saying they have to put more games on the Wii. That is not some thing you say about a loosing console. If the xbox 360 won you would not hear such a thing come out of his mouth. Hey if you want to think we are defending the Wii will then cool. Thats your opinion yet really I just like discussing the article because really what we say here has no baring on what will happen. As an example the Wii got the most negative hype from the hardcore than any other console and this even came from the publishers by way of shovel ware... yet the Wii is on top... now what happens when good games actually keep coming out and the shovelware is totally ignored by the internet gaming media? It's cool to have a lot of hope and be happy and excited about your platform but none of these guys need defending because what I say or what you say are not going to sawy any one. We are just here to discuss whats going on. The console war will not be won in a forum. It will be won on a developer work station as all wars are.

It's also cool that you have all three systems but what if I told you that consoles can never do HD gaming like how I currently play them? If I bash some thing then I am still bashing it so expect to talk about why you are doing so? This is a forum and I like different views yet ones that are personal and not the same tape recording. I mean If I can write your responds then maybe you should not post or get mad when people don't understand where you are coming from? I like games and how they are made on any platform yet I'm looking for some thing that pushes gaming in other directions, via 2d and 3d. So far the PC wins hands down on the 3d front until some one makes me really buy a system because I just have to own the art that was put in the game be it game play or visual.

Another thing is I miss the gamers from the 16 age... they where in to lots of games and didn't limited them selves..... Every thing seems so conservative now which is weird. We have more blood and guts and skin and cursing yet is that the only reason we play? Well Any way I guess I'm back to work... good gaming guys.

LevesqueIsKing said:
haha!

I stopped reading after he said that its 'difficult to find worldwide revenue data, so we'll just take data from the US'. Thats the most misleading bs I've ever heard, Nintendo is killing in Asia.

Nintendo is getting consumers for life with the wii. They are getting their name out there, which is something the Gamecube couldn't do. When the next generation comes around, casuals EVERYWHERE are going to remember the Nintendo name, and buy the console just because it has that single word printed on it.

Wii might not have won, but Nintendo has.

So true... Like I said they have stolen the PS brand and renamed it the Wii. Once publishers make the jump it's PS time all over again. Just looking at the PS2 wall of games I though to my self wow these games still look ok and people are still buying them even though there is the Wii and the HD stuff out here. And what is funny is once all those PS2s break they may be getting a Wii. Also too supply is really the main hold up here.

Another point is the customer for life thing. Every young gamer I find I let them borrow super mario 1. If they have a brother I let them borrow the old multiplayer games and they totally stop playing the PS1-2 because those games where really fun. In most games now you simply jump thur the hopes yet in the old school games you really did survive the level...LOL I don't get that feeling in most of the games today Hey thats me but thats what is missing from lots of HD games I've played and the main reason why I love PC FPS. So really making a gamer for life is really important as you need to figure out what they value or what they love while playing the game. This is very important.

I would venture to say, the Wii is just now hitting it's stride.

This year more and better 3rd party games for the system will be available and several Nintendo games also.

And let's not forget Wii-Fit. All the casual gamers will be buying that by the million.

I don't know of any Wii owners who only has WiiSports and no other Wii game.

GeezerGuy said:
I would venture to say, the Wii is just now hitting it's stride.

This year more and better 3rd party games for the system will be available and several Nintendo games also.

And let's not forget Wii-Fit. All the casual gamers will be buying that by the million.

I don't know of any Wii owners who only has WiiSports and no other Wii game.

Don't venture because I totally agree. We've seen what the other consoles are going to offer and the Wii is a big unknown and it did crazy good even with out the hardcore's true support it seems. I'm excited on the graphics front for the sake of graphics yet every thing is ho hum to me. Nothing is getting the others to take notice of gaming. I've beat people over the head with powerful graphics in games for a while yet people only respect good are and "fun factor". The hardcore gamers are easy to get... just make sweet games and they will buy your stuff case and point the PS2 crushed the other platforms with out all of this tech worship.

HD promised some thing new yet all we are getting is high resolution and the same old games that aren't that addictive game play wise.

No ones going to take you seriously when you contradict everything you say just trying to save face when your comming off as a fanboy.

That quote that you have of me was of me on that certain day. I played God of War for abuot 2 hours and didn't play the PS2 anymore. I got bored and burrowed Super Paper Mario and CoD3 from someone and have been playing that.

He didn't discredit it, It was negelected to be mention at all!

Uh what? He did mention it...

AtomHeart said:
The failure rate probably isn't as high as the 360

He didnt give factual percentages, but its not like he avoided the whole thing, he was just making a point that the Wii DOES have failure rates. Infact I would argue that the Wii has slightly more failures than the PS3. But with the small failures compared to 360 and the Wii sales, its obviously overshadowed.

and yes, I do like my 360 better, but there's a difference between liking one console over another then to be completely blind to a consoles flaws or just hating a console. I don't hate any of my consoles or else I would have sold them. You don't see me denying the 360's flaws do you? Do you see me claiming the 360 does not have failures? Do you see me claiming 360 isnt failing miserably in Japan? Do you see me denying how much Wii has sold? NO, all I said was that the way I (ME) look at the console wars is not competely on console sales.

Then you started saying how it was American sales and not Worldwide... Did I say that you were wrong about that? NO, if you read the last thread about this I did not say you were wrong about that. Last time you turned it into a thing about software sales compared to Wii Play which I wont get into detail because im not about to get into that again.

Then you started to call me a fanboy claiming I never finished a Zelda game and that I probably sucked at Mario Kart. That was your arguement as to why I was a fanboy lol...

To WiitnessID, really no point in me responding since your comment had nothing in common with the quote of me. My comment was about wez/atomheart comments, not hardware sales and what console is better.

beamolite said:
Doesn't mention how many 360s fail from overheating though. My nephews have gone through 4 in the last year.
360 doesnt fail from overheating as much as youd like to think, just proves how much you know about the things you talk about.

also, this is NOT about sales numbers you eejits.

They fail, Sovieto, regardless of what causes it.

3/4 of my friends with XB360's have sent in for repairs. One of which took over 3 months to return.

LevesqueIsKing said:
They fail, Sovieto, regardless of what causes it.

3/4 of my friends with XB360's have sent in for repairs. One of which took over 3 months to return.
yes but he specifically said due from overheating. which is inaccurate, otherwise i wouldn't have made my post.

WiitnessID said:
the important goals which is getting your system out to as many gamers as possible
as i recall gamers arent the ones mainly buying the wii, hence their whole marketing strategy.

Last edited:
Back