American Vehicles vs European Vehicles

Gaz said:
yeah i know about ZR1, it's pretty sweet...
shame about the GT40 tho... keeps braking down from what i've heard off.

Yeah, the ZR1 should be a beast.

The Ford GT seems pretty solid from the owners that post on the Vette Forum. I actually know two folks with 'em around here - one guy's is completely stock, the other guy converted from the OEM PD supercharger to a custom Twin Turbo setup, ~1000HP.

Though neither of them drive the car much - really beautiful design that managed to capture everything that made the original (GT40) great, and at the same time, upgrade it to 21st century technology.

I did a ride around in one at a track, felt terrific, hahaha, though understandably the owner was driving it at about 7/10th's (didn't want to put $150K into a wall).

I know there was a big thing with Jeremy Clarkson buying one, then Lemon Law'ing it, but eventually buying it back (the issue was with the alarm as I recall).

IMPORT FTW!
my little civic is fast , gas effient , and the engine can last till forever and on top of that its light as helllllllll.

And then i would hae to say American cars are better, there o so sexy , especially the Chevy Nova SS :drool:

LOL, you guy's i was trying to start an argument, i love America really!
Really i'm trying to point out although UK and America speak the same language, our cultures are very different, and this is very visible in our driving too. In the UK we do Rally driving which involves racing tracks through muddy/winter/desert tracks and require cars to be highly tuned in in fuel consumption, acceleration and speed, whereas Americans have nascar, those look pretty cool, but it's a complety different style of racing.
But i still do think UK vehicle are better, we drive the cars Americans only dream of, LOL, we got GTI'S CDTI, DTI'S, I-CDTI'S, our cars have got it all!
And thanks Gaz, i did mean right as in wrong!
Also is customsing vehicle in America big?

Oh yeah and [DT], i did'nt come here for a lecture, plus i don't think you know what your talking about either.

And Gaz, taxi driver work on average 12 hours a day, and your foot hurts after 30 min's, i think your a pansy!
Btw, Toyota realsed model's ages ago that switch from electric to enigine, maaan, don't they have tv's in Plymouth?

Last edited:
Clarkson had some big problems with his GT40, always braking down and not really usable around england, it's a bit on the wide side.

Singhson, you got any idea what a british car is? most of those GTi's CDTI DTI's etc... are all from germany. British cars are all about crazyness and speed, just take a look at lotus, aieral and ascari. you could even say those caterham 7's.

Those Toyota's we have here, america has as well (i think) and most of them don't actually do 60mpg.

You do know that most taxi's are automatic..

Wrong mate? Private Hire taxi's are ALL manual!
All taxi's driver's know to well about clutche problems with automatics, they need replacing much quicker than manuals too!
Plus to be British cars they don't have to be made in England!

Singhson said:
Oh yeah and [DT], i did'nt come here for a lecture, plus i don't think you know what your talking about either.
!

Yeah, I obviously have little knowledge of engine dynamics :rolleyes: My mistake for trying to educate someone who is obviously clueless about automotive engineering. I asked about cars you own, I listed some of mine - care to reciprocate?

The extent of your understanding is beautifully illustrated in this post:

Singhson said:
All taxi's driver's know to well about clutche problems with automatics, they need replacing much quicker than manuals too!

Automatics - are you ready for it? - do not have clutches. :lol:

Wow, Fish. Barrel. A smoking gun.

you do know that black cabs are standard auto's... most private hire taxi's are also automatic. if your driving for 12 hours a day as you say, then having a manual is just CRAZY!! it would be like a waitress wearing 4" heels to work.

SERIOUSLY GAZ!
I don't know what country you live in, NEARLY ALL if not ALL private hire taxi's are manual????????
Do you drive a Private Hire taxi?
We have diamond, Central, ABC, National and more, NONE of them HAVE AUTOMATICS, I KNOW THEY DON'T!

Singhson said:
[babble deleted]

Again, what car(s) do you own?

How old are you?

These seem to be more relevant than your complete lack of understanding on anything automotive related.

Last edited:
Why?
Can't you take the fact i'm right and your wrong?
Get a proper Education m8!
I'm 12, my dad owns 3 taxi firms, we've got all the cars in the world, and the mechanic's showed me how everything works!
I can do whole lot more than you pansy Americans can!

LMAO YOU ARE SO STUPID!!!!
can you not read my location, it says... London (only the capital of the bloody country you live in) and Plymouth, a place down on the south coast, right next to cornwall.
i would love to see you drain the oil from one of your dads taxi's.

I have done it before actually, and if you live in London you must have lived a sheltered life!
I use the hydraulic jack, it's a piece of cake, I go to the gym twice a week two, I also change brake disk's and break pads too!
What are you on about London?

Back