Any guitar players?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
I used to play a few years ago, but kinda got out of it.

Well i just got some near equipment the other day and im starting to get back into it again, really having a lot of fun.

Just wondered if any you guys pla Guitar and if so what styles do you play? favourite artists/tracks etc.

Im a big blues / classic rock fan. Clapton / Hendrix bit of pink floyd :)

i wanna learn to play lots of instuments but my parents never enlisted me into the school band :( anyways, im teaching myself to play the piano and i know some flute stuff too lol...right now, im working on the song for FFX "at zanarkand" for the piano...those ppl on youtube play crazy! (as in really well)... u can find just about anything on that site its almost funny

BTW, i0n, r u ever gonna post your picture in the "photo album" thread? we all want to c what u look like :D

i learned how to play the the beginning of..smoke on the water on the bass, if that counts! ^.^

i play guitar. i got a ibanez GAX75, which is sweet. i got a hughes and kettner 1X12 amp, and a line 6 PODXT. ive been playing for about 4 years, and i play rock and roll, metal, instrumental, progressive, you name it. i dont play country, or rap on the guitar.

shows you what i do besides post on wiichat forums all day.

Jakobthelyre said:
and i can play some hendrixxxxxxxxxx and some classic rock

Awesome :)

Im really into Gary Moore right now, cant get enough :D

I play through a Peavey Classic 30 Valve :drool: with an Epi Les Paul.

I got a beautiful custom Fender Showmaster electric a few weeks after this past Christmas. I had bought one of those Ibanez Jam Paks about a year before that, but I found it was really difficult and painful to play acoustic; I wasn't practicing enough and couldn't build up callouses, so I sold it.

I've got a few songs learned, including: Late Goodbye by The Poets of The Fall (which is the song played during the credits of Max Payne 2; outstanding song, really), a variation on The Stones' As Tears Go By, a variation on Stairway to Heaven, a variation on Jimmy Hendrix's Little Wing, Parachutes by Coldplay, Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine, and I'm just now learning Perfect Disguise by Modest Mouse.

I really, really like playing guitar and if I could learn how to write music and songs, I would totally try to do it for a living.

Here's a pic of my guitar (note: this is just a pic off of google of the type of guitar I have. Mine looks a bit more like wood-grain):
356164-817159.jpg

NateTheGreat said:
I got a beautiful custom Fender Showmaster electric a few weeks after this past Christmas. I had bought one of those Ibanez Jam Paks about a year before that, but I found it was really difficult and painful to play acoustic; I wasn't practicing enough and couldn't build up callouses, so I sold it.

I've got a few songs learned, including: Late Goodbye by The Poets of The Fall (which is the song played during the credits of Max Payne 2; outstanding song, really), a variation on The Stones' As Tears Go By, a variation on Stairway to Heaven, a variation on Jimmy Hendrix's Little Wing, Parachutes by Coldplay, Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine, and I'm just now learning Perfect Disguise by Modest Mouse.

I really, really like playing guitar and if I could learn how to write music and songs, I would totally try to do it for a living.

Here's a pic of my guitar (note: this is just a pic off of google of the type of guitar I have. Mine looks a bit more like wood-grain):
356164-817159.jpg

Very nice man.

You can play Little Wing, thats pretty damn good, im trying to learn Castles Made of Sand at the mo. Its very tricky.

Oh, no, I should have put more emphasis on the word variation on Little Wing; it's in 4/4 time and each measure is like one, maybe two chords per measure; it's very simple. However, the guy who's teaching me, Tom Williams of Del Alma, can do things like play guitar behind his back and he can totally play the full version of Little Wing.

I hope I can be as good as my teacher someday.

I got this guitar exactly as it looks, my aunt lend it to me... well here it is

Fender%20-%20Stratocaster%20Series44855259341.jpg

One day I'll be a great guitar player, now I just know how to play the bass from Feel Good Inc.

I will like to play someday like the group in my sig :cornut:

Back