Any issues buying a used Wii?

sremick

Got lifeboat?
Jun 11, 2007
Vermont, USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
In the event that I buy someone's used Wii, are there any issues I need to be aware of? Not so much the obvious "make sure it's working" but like, personal info or any way it might be tied to the former owner. Is there a way to clear/reset it back to factory defaults?

(Sorry if this is asked a lot... I tried to do a search for posts with "used" in the title, but someone decided to not allow "used" as a searchable term :frown2: )

Also, if they bought VC games, it'd be in your best interest to not reset it :)

And like Ciper said, Definitely check to see if they opened the Wii. Check for scratches near the screw holes and also see if the stickers are straight and aligned.

You can reset it to factory settings in the Wii settings menu. You should be able to re download the VC games as they are marked with the Wiis' Number which will not change

i got a 2nd hand one nothing didnt come with instructions and wii sports but yeah check it hasn't been modded mine had a couple of miis to delete and game saves apart from that it was in tip top shape and im luvin it dont see why everyone says there isnt any good games yet there tons im joinin gameswap so i can play them all whoo:crazy:

Ok, got my used one, everything seems fine. Only issue I've come across is when making a Mii character, and you're asked who the creator is, the previous owner's name appears on the list of options (along with "self" or whatever). Is there a way to take it off?

sremick said:
Ok, got my used one, everything seems fine. Only issue I've come across is when making a Mii character, and you're asked who the creator is, the previous owner's name appears on the list of options (along with "self" or whatever). Is there a way to take it off?
Backup your save games to the SD card and the Miis to the Wiimote and reformat the system.

just make sure there are no parental settings on the wii. So many people buy one and have issues obtaining the passcode.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
just make sure there are no parental settings on the wii. So many people buy one and have issues obtaining the passcode.
Good catch!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Loose_Cannon again." blech

ciper said:
Good catch!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Loose_Cannon again." blech

Ghey!!!! lol oh well

and yes notice how many people on here write about that? gahhh i end up locking almost all of them

Back