Anyone got FIFA 08 yet?

Wh15ky said:
No realism - It is far too fast to be realistic (too arcade-like for my liking).

Is MP3 Metroid Prime 3? Thats not out here yet so I cant compare it.

I'll be in game tomorrow so I'm going to enquire about the possibility of a straight swap of my Wii and all the games plus a second Wiimote and nunchuck for a PS3 bundle. Unless someone here gives me a better offer.
Exactly how fast? Faster than PES6?
I often thought the PS2 Fifa games were a bit too slow where as PES6 was just about right, although ive always preferred the PES series to Fifa.

Yes by MP3 i meant Metroid Prime 3 its easily the best game on Wii so far, again its all down to personal preferences though as RE 4 is my least favorite Wii game that i own right now.

Good luck with your swap, hope you can get a good deal.

Fifa speed can be editted.

As for PES realism, remember the fake names for virtually everything?

Ive Got it and i love it, im losing on amature level at the moment :yikes:. The controls are hard to get used to but once im fully used to them it will be a cracking game, its quite confusing but i love the game :smilewinkgrin:.

i love it i'm playing all the time and tomorrow when i sort out my wifi i'll be playing online so get ready i'm coming for you!!!! nah nah i love the game i got today and smashed my brother in the game is good and the controls are easy once you get in them as for the cam you can change the view so its normal but its easier to shoot on target when you can see the goal head on

Well I'm not getting it now, as I heard that there will be no Career Mode OR 'Be a Pro' mode.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Fifa speed can be editted.

As for PES realism, remember the fake names for virtually everything?

Fake names can be edited aswell. Anyway, I would far rather put up with fake names than unrealistic gameplay (aren't you a Wii fan? doesn't gameplay rule over all other aspects?).
Its not just the speed though, the AI is not as good as in Pro Evo either.

I love this game!Controls are confusing when you first use them but once you get the hang of it its great!

Yes it is Online as far as I know.

I want to get it but Im not sure it's worth it.
I mean I do like FIFA but I like Games where a mate can pick it up and play it with you, Explaining these controls would be too much of a task.

I know in most Wii games the controls are hard to explain but these ones seem like a task, I will probably get it but I assure you if it sucks it's going straight back to the shop

Wh15ky said:
Fake names can be edited aswell. Anyway, I would far rather put up with fake names than unrealistic gameplay (aren't you a Wii fan? doesn't gameplay rule over all other aspects?).
Its not just the speed though, the AI is not as good as in Pro Evo either.

Fake names would be a task to edit. Hundreds upon thousands of them.

AI and Speed takes less then a minute to change in fifa.

For me, I am a fan of the fifa gameplay, not a liker of the PES gameplay.

Nice little bit you added, the wii gamer thing;)

I had this pre-ordered so I got it yesterday, been playing it when I can which hasn't been that much, but I'm getting quite used to it. I think the problem people might have with it is that it's different, but they should ignore that fact and try to get used to it. To me, it's a new game to conquer, I'd already be playing on world class if it was Gamecube controls, but I'm still on semi-pro. Online is good though, very good I think. I'm unbeaten so far so I'm moving up the leaderboard! Once you get used to the advanced controls of the game it gets very addictive, like previous Fifa games.

Some complaints that I do have is the power meter, there's only 3 set powers which can be quite annoying, however there's usually never two similar goals scored due to the various factors that take place when shooting. The lack of a career, at first kind of disappointed me, but now I'm not too bothered because I'm quite happy just winning each individual tournament.

As for Fifa vs. PES, I've always preferred the Fifa gameplay. I could go into detail about why, but that's not what this thread is about! That being said, I will be picking up PES for the Wii when it comes out next year, to see how well it compares to Fifa. With them being almost completely new styles, I may prefer PES this time round, but for the time being I'm very happy with Fifa 08 for the Wii so I will be beasting it online and entering tournaments!

Hey i just bought this game and as of yet i aint played any games online so what do i need to do to get started ?

el-zilcho said:
Hey i just bought this game and as of yet i aint played any games online so what do i need to do to get started ?
Errm well firstly do you have your Wii online or?

Back