Arceus Has Been Officially Announced!!

Why wouldent you teach him Psychic? Hes a psychic type, so he would get a power-boost from it. The correct name escapes me.

I always had pshycic for me Mewtwo >_>

Why wouldent you teach him Psychic? Hes a psychic type, so he would get a power-boost from it. The correct name escapes me.

Lol.. With a new generation comes a new metagame, and new rules to abide by, as well as new rules for typing. Let me explain. (and the power boost you're thinking of, is called STAB Nick, Same Type Attack Bonus)

In ubers, pokemon are predominatly Psychic types, correct? Psychic does very bad against Psychic types ofcourse, and since there are tons of Psychic types around, you could be using that Psychic moveslot for something much more effective.

See, in ubers, an offensive pokemon, mainly sweepers, always covers atleast 2 of these 4 types of moves: Ice, Dragon, Electric, and Grass. Why is that? Almost every single uber is hit supereffective by a combination of these moves. Electric smashes water types like Kyogre, as well as fliers like Ho-Oh and Lugia. Dragon kills off all the dragons bar Dialga, and Ice also has impressive attacking type coverage as well as killing all the dragons, besides Palkia. Ice also again, hits fliers.

Grass is basically just the move Grass Knot. Mostly used to smash Kyogre and Groudon at the same time, as they're extremely common ubers(the former being much more common, however), since they change weather.

Now, think of this - since every sweeper carries a slew of these moves since when combined, they hit almost all ubers for super effective damage, right? Now, think about Psychic - what does it hit super effective in ubers? A very rare Arceus that is weak to Psychic, and that's it. Pretty useless, right?

Now you may complain "but it still does really good nuetral damage!", this doesn't matter. Everything Psychic hits nuetral in ubers, bar Palkia, is hit harder by Grass Knot/Thunder/Dragon moves/Ice as a super effective move. Being that Mewtwo already 2HKOs Palkia with 399 Sp. atk(max Sp. atk EVs, no increasing nature)Grass Knot/Thunder backed with a life orb, Psychic is already useless, bar hitting a few random Arceus, mainly fighting - which is rare as is.

So basically, Psychic hits everything weaker than other options on Mewtwo's movesets, as well as other Psychic types.

Last edited:
And THAT'S why uber battles are soooo boring.
OU/BL & UU/BL FTW!

It's also why ubers is so exciting, Fox. It depends on the person to whether they think it's fun or boring, ofcourse. Anyways, ubers depends so much on prediction the slightest skill level difference can decide victory. There's also less to work with, which demands perfect team synergy, as well as needing to consider everything about the metagame. Sort of like you had to be prepared for 'Chomp in some way if you're making an OU team back in the day. Except, ubers has a lot more checks to deal with, which also demands not only excellent prediction skills, but also a perfect team(again, team synergy is absolutely necesarry).

I still say meh. OU is the same way but to a greater extent due to there being 225897523x more usable pokes.
Ubers are so predictable, I could narrerate a match I've never seen.

Ubers are so predictable, I could narrerate a match I've never seen.

Hahah, that's exagerating it. Besides, if ubers is so predictable, that's why a lot of skill is necesarry to play ubers right. If it's that predictable you need to be unpredictable. And if your opponent catches on to your unpredictive strategy, then it gets into serious mind games. Just like OU, but on a far more intense scale, seeing as a single mistake can ruin you after all. Ubers is like Meta Knight in Brawl - he will punish the sh*t out of you if you do something wrong.

Point taken, but I still think ubers are boring, every time I do one or watch one.

soooo in short,... Mewtwo kicks ass?

I think thats what we're getting at here. :yesnod:

Yeah, in short, Mewtwo kicks ass. But what we're really aiming at is Arceus kicks MORE ass. :p

Point taken, but I still think ubers are boring, every time I do one or watch one.

Yeah, and that's fine. Everyone has their battle prefferences after all, whether it's Ubers, OU, or UU/any combination.

Yeah, in short, Mewtwo kicks ass. But what we're really aiming at is Arceus kicks MORE ass. :p

Yeah, and that's fine. Everyone has their battle prefferences after all, whether it's Ubers, OU, or UU/any combination.
I dunno bout that now. Maybe the movie will tell us eh?

I dunno bout that now. Maybe the movie will tell us eh?

If you're referring to that one joke about Mewtwo being in movie 12, then.. lol no. Arceus is (the pokemon)god, remember? Mewtwo=/=god. God will smite the evil clone. :p :lol:

Uber battles are pretty boring. XD
OU and even BL/UU are way more interesting.

Eh.. Everyone doesn't seem to like ubers here.. How very typical. x.o

There was a joke? I just thought it'd be cool to see them fight

And Mewtwo win

Back