Art thread

(EDIT: Removed image. Not quite satisfied for others to view yet. =[ )

Last edited:
(Double-Post to inform others I have made the decision since my last post)

I didn't like the old Sakura picture I was working on, so I've been doing another one. Some areas are really starting to annoy me, so feedback might help at this point.

Work in Progress.

SakuraWIP3-2.png

Last edited:
Ah. Good eye, my good sir. They struck me as odd, too, but now I can see it's official. Thanks. :]

It might be because the feet are the only thing I didn't dissect from the ground up. I have a search lines layer, a nude layer, and clothing layer. Except for the fact that I flatly drew shoes on the nude, assuming I had the feet understood already. It seems that I should start over on them, working with the feet anatomy before I apply the shoes.

As for your drawing so far, it looks great. Your background has a really nice quality to it since the soft use of your medium works with the snowy setting. I love the contrast in your dark trees and their cast shadows, too. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Wow, I really like your style. As for a criticism, Iunno... The legs seem maybe a bit too meaty to me? But that might just be my Americanness.

I didn't like the old Sakura picture I was working on, so I've been doing another one. Some areas are really starting to annoy me, so feedback might help at this point.

Work in Progress.

SakuraWIP3-2.png

Whilst I really like this, I cant help but feel the legs look too stubby/manly (it may just be the angle). Other than that, awesome!

I'd post what I've been trying to work on for someone else for the past 6hrs, but we'll leave that embarrassment for another time. :p

It seems to improve on it, I'll need to thin out all the lines, theyre too chunky.

Last edited:

Work in Progress.

SakuraWIP3-2.png

Those're some mighty fine legs. You've used a lot of colors there, I like how you apply it, not many people use a lot of darker tones like you. The legs are my favorite part, please don't change them! Your facial work is superb too.

DRMARIO, I think you're drawing with line too much. You can tell where you've used a lot of line, but it's supposed to be soft. You can save that easily though. The background is confusing me too, there is water, right?

Those're some mighty fine legs. You've used a lot of colors there, I like how you apply it, not many people use a lot of darker tones like you. The legs are my favorite part, please don't change them! Your facial work is superb too.

DRMARIO, I think you're drawing with line too much. You can tell where you've used a lot of line, but it's supposed to be soft. You can save that easily though. The background is confusing me too, there is water, right?

I like the legs, very much.

Work in Progress.

SakuraWIP3-2.png

The legs look fine as is, same with the sneakers. The lower body overall looks slightly over-sized compared to Sakura's whole upper body, Transform tool in Photoshop can fix that. The collar of her sera fuku looks rather odd though, the shading I mean.

Overall, it's a nice job there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll take them into consideration.

I can't, at all, see where you're coming from about the line thing. Everything is the way I want it, so far.

...and there is no background yet, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I think he's talking about that large mass in the background...wondering if it's supposed to be water.

The legs look fine as is, same with the sneakers. The lower body overall looks slightly over-sized compared to Sakura's whole upper body, Transform tool in Photoshop can fix that. The collar of her sera fuku looks rather odd though, the shading I mean.

Overall, it's a nice job there.

I don't know what you're getting at with the shading, but I'll note it.

It looks flat.

Oh, that. Yeah I'm aware of that. I guess I should have noted that I'm intentionally not done with shading yet (This is a WIP, after all). I also still have to apply some outlines and such. Regardless, it is noted and I appreciate your input. :)

Any chance of posting minus clothes layer? :ihih:

LOL. People actually read my less-significant posts now?

Although your motives for asking are...typical, yes, there's a chance, but there's no chance that I will show the layer without being slightly modified to prevent too much "distraction". =P

The reason is that I'm mulling over posting a layer-by-layer version when I get done with it...just because working from the ground up was something I've never done, yet turned out being incredibly successful for me (Before I did the method, this picture was looking downright horrible).

Last edited:
Very nice Dr. The shadows though seem... off? Eh, I'm not quite sure how to put it but nice job all around :thumbsup:

The shadows look good to me.

Nicely done, DR.MARIO. The man isn't flat anymore.

Back