Art thread

Then maybe it's just me. :/
But like I said I really like it.

Your first one. Hm, you do a tiny bit of light on the side of everything you draw - but you're probably going to argue with me that it's exactly how it should look like. Other thing is you're drawing out lines for definition, like a shock horror, cartoon. REALISTIC PEOPLE DON'T HAVE EDGES. You never seen to know what I'm getting at here either.

I love the second one. Much love to the trees.

I think he means the collar, the face and the creases on the sleeves. There's a few on the trees, nothing I'd pick at though.

It's not a good photo of it. I assume that's graphite?

The problem with graphite is that it reflects light way too easily, as we can also see here. I always take my graphite drawings with plenty of indirect light around and without flash from my camera. But anyway, it looks nice from what I can see out of it. I wish I could see it better, though.

Last edited:
Well, shadows need to be there. Maybe you're just doing them quite bold?

I hate scanning and taking pictures of my stuff, the quality always turns out awful. D;

The cast shadow on the face is just a little too dark in relation to everything else, is all. When you compare it to the relatively lighter shade levels of everything else like the tree shading and their cast shadows, it wouldn't make sense for such a dark shadow to show up on the man's face.

It doesn't look bad, really, just something a bit noticible if someone were looking real close at small details.

Last edited:
Uh, well. I got bored of doing my actual art so I floated elsewhere.

I'll resize it when ImageShack decides to like me.

Apparently I don't draw enough naked people.

- I'm going to change the tiara thing, it's wonky.
- I'm going to axe the lips and maybe the face entirely. I hate it.
- I'm going to include more lilies because I got lazy and now it's topheavy.
- I'm going to draw the lines to her boobs. She isn't actually flat.
- I might make her hair shorter so I can fit in more shrubbery doo daa.

I drew this without a reference, and the flowers too. I can't find a picture of a face in that way to draw, and I absolutely cannot draw faces without reference. I can barely draw them with reference. I'm finding it difficult as to what to do with it. I might just cover it with a leaf, but then the picture will look sort of pointless. It's so annoying, I hate facial line art.

I haven't went holy crap on the cross hatching this time because I intend on colouring it. It doesn't take much thinking to think about what style and what artist this is based on.

Last edited:
I really like the shading, and how you made your thick outlines. I get this, mermaid vibe when looking at it... is she a mermaid?

You have nice concepts, Emma.

I shall be posting something in here again as well, soon.

Nothing wrong with cartoons, though variety will keep things fresh.

She's a bull, thing. Cow, I guess. But cow doesn't seem nice.

Post some traditional stuff.

I will, if I can actually be bothered finding my scanner and hooking it up. Otherwise, I'll be posting my work in progress of Rachel's request where I'll be drawing her as a manga character for a vector piece.

Emma, do more realism. D:

It's not like you're incapable.

I'd like to provide comments on that piece, but I can't. I'm crap with cartoon, but good job anyway:p

The only words you know in art are realism and cartoon. THAT'S REALLY SADDENING, JACK.

I'd draw a face if I could. Then it'd really look Nouveauy.

I love vectoring, though it takes up so much time.

URL]

I like the creepy, grungy look :thumbsup:

Back