Art thread

I think good and bad pictures are a matter of opinion, (within reason obviously) thankfully the examinors see it that way too.

I had a polaroid camera when I was little, loved taking pictures then. Got better cameras as I got older then when it came to choosing what subjects I was taking in college the only one I knew I wanted to do was photography, and then it became serious after that.

Brawny said:
Photography was something I neither can do, nor understand a "good" photo from a "bad" one...it's hella confusing.

How'd you become interested?

Yes a good vs bad picture can be relative.

But there are certain conventions and techniques that most people tend to follow. The rule of thirds for a landscape, or a human portrait for example.

And of course a picture can be bad if you don't use the right shutter speed or ISO or aperture. You could end up with bad colors, over or under saturation, poor depth of field, too dark....etc

AS far as subject matter goes it's a matter of preference. My one friend has people in 99.9% of her photos. She just likes the spontaneity of catching people off guard. Hell, she has a few of me taking pictures that I had no idea she took.....very sneaky. Myself I like a bit of everything, but architecture is my favorite.

And Rach:
I like it...you get a really good sense of depth. The only problem is the sky looks a lil washed out. You should invest in a polarizing filter. It would bring out the blue in the sky.

And there is a little spec........Oh nevermind, that's a piece of dirt on my monitor :p

tank said:
And Rach:
I like it...you get a really good sense of depth. The only problem is the sky looks a lil washed out. You should invest in a polarizing filter. It would bring out the blue in the sky.

And there is a little spec........Oh nevermind, that's a piece of dirt on my monitor :p

Yeah I misread the item description when I got my camera on Amazon, I thought it was coming with one lol =/

Next time I have some spare cash though I'll be picking one up.

surfinrach90 said:
Yeah I misread the item description when I got my camera on Amazon, I thought it was coming with one lol =/

Next time I have some spare cash though I'll be picking one up.

Do you have any Ritz Camera stores in the UK? I'm not sure if they are an international chain or not. If you do, they usually have really good deals on filters. They had a buy two get one free offer that I'm pretty sure is still going on. I got a UV, Polarizer. Then got a diffuser for free.

Oh sweet!

Don't think I've heard the name before though. There's a pretty good camera shop in my nearest city, got my film camera from there for a pretty good bargain. I'll probably go there =]

Frogger said:
lastscan2bt9.jpg

Crayola pencils are a bugger to work with...

Thats freaking sweet. I love the way you combined the Union Jack with the Yankee Flag... obviously talented. ;)

So far, it's my wallpaper, cellphone background, Emma contact picture, AND MSN display picture...

Sorry to Rach if you're annoyed at this post.

Frogger said:
This is the reason why I didn't want to tell anybody. =/

Art is a talent, and it's really anything to do with co-ordination and spacial awareness. =/

It's not the internet thing that's the problem..it's the whole you're taking it way to far and forcing it on everyone like...'oh didn't you know? we're a couple!'

Look at Jeneva..everyone was happy for them..they were an internet couple that didn't make a giant thing about it. Sure they kept us updated and showed us when they met up but it wasn't everyday they came online and turned wiichat into their site.

--

I recently took my options and dropped anything that could appear as an art so lets all not expect much from me. Maybe a drawing over easter weekend!

the drawing is really really great, emma.:yesnod: ... and it is understandable that adam would put it everywhere...
these were just digs as reasons pointed out by cappin'

If you want to make digs at me you can PM me or whatever, if it matters that much to you, because I don't need your monkeys cackling after you guys, last time I checked I had a talent and I'm utilising it.

Ignoring works wonders too.

Oh waw, you and your 'boyfriend' should try that out sometime ya know... seeing how he started all this.

Back