Art thread

surfinrach90 said:
I like your stuff Tank, especially the angles you shoot from.

Loving the winter park pic lots =]

Ah thank you :) I liked your stuff with the water and the glasses. I've been meaning to try stuff like that. I just don't have anywhere to do it. my Dorm isn't a very good studio, that's why most of my stuff is outdoors. My campus is like smack in the middle of the city, it's a a two minute bus ride from what's considered "Down Town" Pittsburgh. So there is PLENTY of interesting stuff going on out there.

Here is some pictures of a new habit of mine that could become quite destructive. :p
n49903064_30404176_7006.jpg

n49903064_30404177_7358.jpg

n49903064_30404181_802.jpg

n49903064_30404186_2769.jpg

PacMan, there's an artist who does that on deviantART, but she likes, draws really cute faces on faces or something, but she just takes photos and draws them on with a tablet.

I think I might actually add to this thread when I get home, or bed. Bed seems promising.

updated my flickr I added about 19 new shots

Once again the link is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bricehutch/

I'm in the process of editing a lot of them. Flickr has some nice tools built right in. Basic photo editing stuff.

If you're mainly a photographer I would suggest opening a flickr account over a DA. In my experience with DA there are a lot of weird-ass emo kids on there. I've seen some strange stuff that shouldn't even be considered art.....just kids trying to get attention. Flickr has an all around better photography community over DA. But that's cause DA can be used for everything, painting, drawing, writting, photog, whatever. Flickr is tailored to photography.

I drew these (and some other things that are not allowed on here)

I might ink the secound pic

Edit -
Call it the beta version
darkpconsolesol8.png

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm gonna scan it whenever my sister gets off her computer so you can actually see what I've slaved on. Might colour it too.

tank said:
If you're mainly a photographer I would suggest opening a flickr account over a DA. In my experience with DA there are a lot of weird-ass emo kids on there. I've seen some strange stuff that shouldn't even be considered art.....just kids trying to get attention. Flickr has an all around better photography community over DA. But that's cause DA can be used for everything, painting, drawing, writting, photog, whatever. Flickr is tailored to photography.

Great tip!

I've been considering getting an account on there for a while now, but I think you've just pushed me to do so =]

As for your post that replied back to me (which I only just noticed, sorry lol), I had this photographer come into my college Tuesday to give a lecture. He's a very succesfull guy by the name of Hamish Gane, he's had his work shown in galleries all over the world =] What's amazing is his whole project 'Apron' was taken in his living room. Most of his other work too is just about his family and stuff.

He did this one project about his father, who had this box he kept family film reels in. When his father died Hamish was given the box, and he turned it into an obscura by driliing a hole into it. He then played the film onto a wall, and managed to mix two pictures together, old memories from his childhood from the films, and pictures and memories from his childrens lives. Pretty awesome.

Anyway that's my.. or his story done. He ended the whole thing by saying like.. it just goes to show you don't have to travel to far away lands to have a career in photography, or to even take decent pictures. =]

Back