ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tails McCloud~ said:
Thats stupid. So they issue a STANDARD gun, and if you use it, your on probation?!?!?! WTF IS THAT????

no no no no no

its a thing where if you change departments. i honestly dont know the stipulations whatsoever seeing as how im not that far up in this point of time so i cant tell you what its like and i know little or nothing about it.

when i go to work in a little bit, ill ask my commanding officer about it and ill get back to you :)

Thanx Jill, appreciate it. I would like to know.

hey, this has probably been asked before but i don't want to look through 12 pages. i was walking home today and jaywalked at least 5 times. is this really illegal? if so, what is the fine/jail time?

(i don't think you saw it, so i reposted it)

FWELR said:
hey, this has probably been asked before but i don't want to look through 12 pages. i was walking home today and jaywalked at least 5 times. is this really illegal? if so, what is the fine/jail time?

(i don't think you saw it, so i reposted it)

i knew i read it but i guess i didnt answer it cause i went back to the 10th page i think this was on and just must of missed it and for that i appologize.

jaywalking is illegal. for those who dont know the EXACT deffinition it means walking against the traffic grain. basically youre suppost to cross at a traffic light intersection or in the pedestrain designated area.

i have yet to actually see a ticket/penalty for this so i highly doubt its even something we look for lol.

it is a violation, however, just not a heavily enforced one

if you were attacked by a group of thugs that wanted to harm you, are you allowed to kill them? if so, please send me the head of the last one :lol: But the question is serious..

ottoman said:
if you were attacked by a group of thugs that wanted to harm you, are you allowed to kill them? if so, please send me the head of the last one :lol: But the question is serious..

we are trained to harm not to kill.

however if ones life is at stake and godforbid i was the only one and i got attacked, you best believe a 9mm is going in someones head.

i pray to god that never happens.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
we are trained to harm not to kill.

however if ones life is at stake and godforbid i was the only one and i got attacked, you best believe a 9mm is going in someones head.

i pray to god that never happens.

Ive noticed you mntion God alot, what religion are you?

ottoman said:
Ive noticed you mntion God alot, what religion are you?

im a lonley jew lol

im not religious at all though but i have a little bit of faith due to the fact that i went to an orthodox jewish private school in the 11th and 12th grade (not by choice, my mom after her divorce became REALLY wierdly religious)

i loved it though

ETA- i also work in a heavily jewish area in NYC and i speak hebrew almost fluently so it helps understanding the culture of the people you protect when its your own culture :)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
im a lonley jew lol

im not religious at all though but i have a little bit of faith due to the fact that i went to an orthodox jewish private school in the 11th and 12th grade (not by choice, my mom after her divorce became REALLY wierdly religious)

i loved it though

ETA- i also work in a heavily jewish area in NYC and i speak hebrew almost fluently so it helps understanding the culture of the people you protect when its your own culture :)

Thats pretty cool, so are you from an Israeli backround?

ottoman said:
Thats pretty cool, so are you from an Israeli backround?

no im second generation romanian. i have a bit of an accent but it only comes out when im drunk or really pissed off lol.

i speak hebrew because i learned it from school and just kept up with it. plus a multi cultural place like NYC loves when the NYPD recruits people who can speak more than one language :)

hey, i've got another question.

what do you do most of the day? are you just driving around waiting for a radio call, do you do traffic patrol, what?

FWELR said:
hey, i've got another question.

what do you do most of the day? are you just driving around waiting for a radio call, do you do traffic patrol, what?

i do a bunch of things. i do foot patrol, i am sometimes a precinct mouse (a few weeks ago i hurt my ankle and i was stuck in the precinct on my laptop via broadband card), or i do traffic violations.

most of the time its foot patrol though. i sit in my car on dead days for a few hours and "watch" time go by with my partner lol

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i do a bunch of things. i do foot patrol, i am sometimes a precinct mouse (a few weeks ago i hurt my ankle and i was stuck in the precinct on my laptop via broadband card), or i do traffic violations.

most of the time its foot patrol though. i sit in my car on dead days for a few hours and "watch" time go by with my partner lol

no offense, but that sounds like a pretty boring job.

FWELR said:
no offense, but that sounds like a pretty boring job.

no, its truely not

he wanted to know the jist of it. if you read the thread from page one youd see that my job is far from "boring"....

The_Loose_Cannon said:
no, its truely not

he wanted to know the jist of it. if you read the thread from page one youd see that my job is far from "boring"....

well yeah, but on a daily basis, it doesn't seem like you do a whole lot. im sure there are really exciting parts, but as far as day-by-day goes, being a cop seems a little bit overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back