Ask a firemen

tonyeng4ine

Hyrulian Firefighter
Feb 10, 2007
New York/New Jersey
Wii Online Code
1075-9168-3589-2965
With the support of Jill aka "The loose Cannon" I have decided to create a Ask a Firemen topic due to the fact that im overworked and bored to death...

Please keep the questions normal and non-perverted since there are kids in the forums.. I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability

A Little About Myself - Im currently a Firefighter/EMT-D with the FDNY and a Volunteer Firefighter in NJ. Im a ex police officer from the NYPD and no I have never meet Jill in person but I've spent a good time on the job.

Thanks to jill I have gotten my first question from her -

"Why is that so many cops after the academy drop out to become FDNY???? Could it be because its a part time job with Fulltime Pay/Benefits?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA yes its awesome, I work most of the time on a 3day on 3 day off shift which means I work maybe half a month :ihih: as for why we drop out and/or leave the job after a while is because I find it more fun then running after people and getting shot at for such a crappy pay, but I might come back one day and try out for ESU like so many others have.. I guess thats why they leave to get more Rescue training so they can join ESU...

Keep em' Coming:thumbsup:

Tacos said:
Do you actually pay attention to the "dog inside" signs?

haha when I first started I never did until this one day we had a call for Investigate Smoke, it turned out to be over cooking but the lady had this huge ass pit bull that chased me and my LT out of the house screaming lol now I always send the rookie in or Ill make a cop go in the house with us lol

Did you ever piss on a fire

Did you ever say ni to a passing mouse

Did you ever play burining rangers

Have you riden the hose

Darkprinny said:
Did you ever piss on a fire

Did you ever say ni to a passing mouse

Did you ever play burining rangers

Have you riden the hose

Nope never cause im always being watched.. but I did have this one time during a fire I really had to go badly so I pissed on the side of the truck lol

Hmmm I never think I even saw a rat or mouse before during a fire call but who noise I could have stepped on a couple without knowing

No never played that game lol but we did yell Marco Polo?! for a while trying to find eachother lol

And of course but it hurts if its fully pressured hahah

Whats the ultimate question
and whats the answer

What is dark matter

Am I board

Have you ever looked into the flames and loled at it

Have you ever had a axe fight

Is a cat fine to

When do I reach the max power level

Have you ever studed Eckythump

Can helmits be used as a weapond

Chalk or cheese

Whats that song going round in my head

Darkprinny said:
Whats the ultimate question
and whats the answer

What is dark matter

Am I board

Have you ever looked into the flames and loled at it

Have you ever had a axe fight

Is a cat fine to

When do I reach the max power level

Have you ever studed Eckythump

Can helmits be used as a weapond

Chalk or cheese

Whats that song going round in my head

How on earth did you get a little red mushroom near your name? All you do is spam. Ive seen alot of you posts and 90% of them are spam.

Wow prinny I thought I was bored, im stuck at work =[

Hmm lets see... I looked at a fire before and said holyshit as it rolled over my head

No no axe fights, Yes a helmet can be used as a weapon.. When we come back from a call or anything and we reach the fire house everyone gets out of the Engine or Truck and blocks traffic to allow the driver to back it into the firehouse, many times and I do mean MANY TIMES you will have some asshole not caring and try to go right through you and other people thats why I was always taught to hold my helmets a certain way so if a car does come you can toos it at the window and break it..

as for all the other questions prinny I cant help lol

ottoman said:
How on earth did you get a little red mushroom near your name? All you do is spam. Ive seen alot of you posts and 90% of them are spam.
His mushroom is a special mushroom, it means "Official Unofficial Greeter" (yes, "Official Unofficial Greeter"); notice that the mod's and/or super mod's are blue or green, while his is red. He's the only one to ever get this title, it's not anything you should concern over, he's a cool guy. :lol: Though a bit random....all the time.

ssbb_lover said:
His mushroom is a special mushroom, it means "Official Unofficial Greeter" (yes, "Official Unofficial Greeter"); notice that the mod's and/or super mod's are blue or green, while his is red. He's the only one to ever get this title, it's not anything you should concern over, he's a cool guy. :lol: Though a bit random....all the time.

Iknew he wasnt a mod or anyone with real ower, hes just a "valued member" but i dont see how he became one. he doesnt even talk about consoles! But im sure hes a nice guy lol.

How long have you been fighting fires, and what made you decide that this was the right choice for you?

Also, are you trained to recognise sources of ignition? Say for example, if something is an electrical fire...

Squall7 said:
How long have you been fighting fires, and what made you decide that this was the right choice for you?

Also, are you trained to recognise sources of ignition? Say for example, if something is an electrical fire...

Ive been doing this for just a couple of years now but im not new to the field, my entire family are either cops or firefighters so thats what i've always known and wanted to do..

Yes I certified as a fire marshal so I can identify the point of origin of a fire. I have taken firefighter 1 & 2 as well as fire science and inspector classes.

but most of the time you can use your basic fire knowledge to understand what happened

Back