Attachment Rants

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
OK guys I did a quick search and didnt find a thread for this, This is a thread to rant about all of the extra crap we gonna have to get to enjoy our wii games, I mean there are hundreds of attachments starting with the nunchucks,classic controllers and the Wii fit board. then theres packs like the sports pack,the wiiplay acc. pack, the wii zapper, the third party gun attachments,wheel attachments, and soon Mic attachments and probly headsets and keyboards. Who really wants a house full of plastic attachments that you have to change after every game?
All of this compared to other consoles where you have a wheel and pedal set, a light gun and a keyboard and headset and maybe a Mic or guitar for spec.games...no where near the amount of crap we have...

anyway thats my rant, feel free to add to it as im sure im not the only one who despises this and the price that comes with it.

You don't have to buy them.

I could give a **** less what dumbass accessories they make as long as I am not required to purchase them. You should see all the goofy **** they have in Japan for any video game console.

vagrant said:
You don't have to buy them.

I could give a **** less what dumbass accessories they make as long as I am not required to purchase them. You should see all the goofy **** they have in Japan for any video game console.
yeah i agree, but some games i.e. MoH2 is going to be designed mostly around the zapper which might make play without it awkward, its things like this that do require us to buy it just so we can enjoy the same experience

How would playing MoH with or without the zapper be any different? The only pointing device is on the end of the wiimote. Doesn't matter where the nunchuck is.

vagrant said:
How would playing MoH with or without the zapper be any different? The only pointing device is on the end of the wiimote. Doesn't matter where the nunchuck is.
apparently its going to have a complete different controller setup for the zapper, different movements and actions and also slightly different button config.

Almo said:
apparently its going to have a complete different controller setup for the zapper, different movements and actions and also slightly different button config.
Why don't you stop complaining and wait until you know what you're talking about?

In the interview they said they were going to do a seperate control scheme for the Zapper. Meaning you can also play without it.

That E3 interview specifically stated that using the "mote and chuck" style would be viable.

Almo said:
OK guys I did a quick search and didnt find a thread for this, This is a thread to rant about all of the extra crap we gonna have to get to enjoy our wii games, I mean there are hundreds of attachments starting with the nunchucks,classic controllers and the Wii fit board. then theres packs like the sports pack,the wiiplay acc. pack, the wii zapper, the third party gun attachments,wheel attachments, and soon Mic attachments and probly headsets and keyboards. Who really wants a house full of plastic attachments that you have to change after every game?
All of this compared to other consoles where you have a wheel and pedal set, a light gun and a keyboard and headset and maybe a Mic or guitar for spec.games...no where near the amount of crap we have...

anyway thats my rant, feel free to add to it as im sure im not the only one who despises this and the price that comes with it.
I like the look of the zapper, personally. It's the not too far from the cool arcade style ones, that use shotguns or machine guns. Personally, I like the idea of pointing and shooting with two hands on the gun, rather than shooting everything with a single hand - shotguns (full sized ones), won't really be all that great shooting from a pistol.

The Wii board does look pretty good, considering it will also allow for an extra dimension of control. The steering wheel may prove useful (possibly). The rest, I don't think I'll personally use, but then complaining about it when I wouldn't use it anyway, is a little redundant.

Squall7 said:
I like the look of the zapper, personally. It's the not too far from the cool arcade style ones, that use shotguns or machine guns. Personally, I like the idea of pointing and shooting with two hands on the gun, rather than shooting everything with a single hand - shotguns (full sized ones), won't really be all that great shooting from a pistol.

I'm sure shooting a shotgun on screen by holding an attachment that resembles a submachine gun will feel no more awkward than a pistol attachment. If you think holding the Zapper feels anything like a full sized shotgun, you probably don't know anything about real firearms.

Wade said:
I'm sure shooting a shotgun on screen by holding an attachment that resembles a submachine gun will feel no more awkward than a pistol attachment. If you think holding the Zapper feels anything like a full sized shotgun, you probably don't know anything about real firearms.
1. At least it would seem a little bulkier.
2. I didn't claim that it was anything like it, I was merely saying that it's more like it that then a pistol.
3. I don't know much about real firearms. I don't really care. As far as I'm cocerned, I hope I never need to. Computer game ones will do for me just dandily.

Squall7 said:
2. I didn't claim that it was anything like it, I was merely saying that it's more like it that then a pistol.
3. I don't know much about real firearms. I don't really care. As far as I'm cocerned, I hope I never need to. Computer game ones will do for me just dandily.

Bulky or not I am sure it weighs hardly anything.

vagrant said:
Bulky or not I am sure it weighs hardly anything.
True. Though it should be good with rumble too, at least then it would actually have a form of recoil, even if it can't puch backwards.

Although, to be fair, I'm sure your arms would begin to hurt if it were the weight of a real weapon, at least for anyone that doesn't already have training in weapons.

Squall7 said:
No, adding a small amount of light plastic isn't going to change much for an already small amount of light plastic.

But not enough like it to warrant favoring one over the other. You're going to be using more than one weapon type anyway, so modeling the Zapper after any particular weapon type is not going to enhance realism.

You're the one who's complaining about how a pistol wouldn't feel like a shotgun. If you're going to make that complaint, you might as well be aware that an SMG isn't going to feel much more like one than a pistol.

You're making a silly argument anyway. What if they modeled the Zapper after a rifle? Then you would complain because you wouldn't "feel right" shooting a pistol on-screen with something that resembles a rifle.

u guys are complaining about something that isnt even a big deal

lets be mature here and end the rant about the zapper, and rant about something else useless =]=]

Wade said:
No, adding a small amount of light plastic isn't going to change much for an already small amount of light plastic.
Meh. Well, I like the size of it, and the idea of using two hands on the gun (in different places) seems to me like it would be easier to control.

But not enough like it to warrant favoring one over the other. You're going to be using more than one weapon type anyway, so modeling the Zapper after any particular weapon type is not going to enhance realism.
Once again, Meh. Just stating my opinion, that it always seemed somehow "lacking" when I used the pistol to shoot a shotgun or machinegun.

You're the one who's complaining about how a pistol wouldn't feel like a shotgun. If you're going to make that complaint, you might as well be aware that an SMG isn't going to feel much more like one than a pistol.
I'm not making a "complaint" as such. If anything everyone else is complaining cos they have another shell on the market - as though it's neccessary to buy the thing before you can play it!? I'm just saying that I like the idea and that it seems more, signifcant in a way.

You're making a silly argument anyway.
By stating and defending my opinion? Sorry if you don't see things as I do...
:eek:ut: In the end, nothing will come out of an "arguement", we won't actually effect what Nintendo does (on a personal level), so I see no point in seeing as anything else than my opinion.

What if they modeled the Zapper after a rifle? Then you would complain because you wouldn't "feel right" shooting a pistol on-screen with something that resembles a rifle.
:wtf: I don't understand where this hostility is coming from. From what I've seen of the zapper, it is possible to hold it single handed (and light enough) to be a pistol. It has the length that it could be a shotgun (or at least a possible sawn off shotgun). It has the dual handles which could make it feel as a machine gun. In my opinion it might make things more fun (note the non-commitment), but if you want to dismiss it without even trying it, then meh.

Back