Band Hero/Rock Band question

LtP12

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2010
Texas
Hi, I am new here. I just got the kids a wii. I don't know much about any of this. I have played rock band at a friends and want to get this kind of game for our wii. Here are my questions:
Rock Band 2 is hard to find right now. I have found Band Hero. The songs that Band Hero comes with aren't so great.
First question- If I buy Band Hero and then buy Guitar Hero games will they play as a whole band? Meaning even though it is Guitar Hero will all the instruments (including vocals) open up on the screen? Someone told me that the newer Guitar Hero games will. I was looking at the Van Halen game.
Can I get the Band Hero bundle and ultimately play Rock band games or vice versa if I buy Rock Band bundle/instruments?
I found one store that may get Rock band 2 in town. It is cheaper than band hero. Which would you get? Which has better songs/instruments?
Somewhere I read one of them has a 5 piece drum the other has 3 piece so compatability may not happen.
I just want the best band game for the wii. Thank you in advance!

Guitar Hero is definately great fun !!

Have a look here for an instrument compatability chart ...

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

The GH games that work with the full band are:

Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Greatest Hits (I think this is 'Smash Hits' in the USA)

In general, on the Wii Rock Band games work with Guitar hero instrument controllers, but not the other way around.

I have looked for you and I think that they are compatible with Rock Band 2, The Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band for Wii.

Second Question:

Guitar Hero and Rock Band are different in terms of style of songs. Guitar Hero usually go with the more mainstream songs (or Pop-Rock) such as Superstition by Stevie Wonder and Love Story by Taylor Swift but Rock Band heads towards the rockier side such as Master Exploder by Tenacious D and Ace of Spades by AC/DC. If you want a great mixture of these songs though for all the family, I'd recommend Lego Rock Band, Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 is a great game because there are a lot of songs you can buy from the online store for Rock Band 2.
EDIT: By the way, I recall calling Guitar Hero 5, Pop Hero

Last edited:
Back