Battalion Wars 2 Bwii info

Link_Sword

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
So far, at leipeg this year i haven't seen anything battalion wars on the top gaming sites. What the heck is Nintendo doing anyway? But for all of you who don't have NPower i got some news for you. Three modes of Online are confirmed, and set in stone. Assualt Skirmish, and Co Op have all made it into the final product :) (i got worried when i hadn't seen any release from nintendo i thought the reason this wasn't hyped was due to the lack of online play). Also if if you are curious about the nations lemme go get the issue of NP if not then simply ignore this and miss out on bwii, i can also tell you some units if interested....

Anyway lemme know

Cool ! Yes Im hoping that they will still put out some new info from the games convention.....

Could you type that bit about the nations? I'm dying for some news on bwii

VERY COOL about the online play officialy confirmed!

Thanks, and they didn't give us too much but here it is first paragraph it has a little story line of the game.

"In battalion wars 2 (bwii), the Solar Empire, Western Frontier ,Anglo Isles (new), Iron Legion, Tundran territories, and Xylvania." -Nintendo Power

Wow i am really wishing i had a photo scanner cuz i would really like to show you these screens. The really great thing i noticed is that every nations army has different weapons, tundran with their Ak-47 assualt troops, Western Frontier with their m-16's, and i think one screen show the Iron Legion (not sure about the nation but i am assume due to the sheer firepower of the grunts) they have miniguns! One other interesting note, "five of the six nations have impressive fleets"-np. I'm leaving the speculation for ya'll, they don't say which nation or if they even have a fleet

A few confirmed units are from the sea are: Battleships, Dreadnaughts, Frigates and Submarines the screens that we have are looking great.

We also got a small very unnoticeablle screenshot of the online interface. The only dissapointment (which might not be true, but it sure sounds like this is the case) is no voice chat, you must battle random opponents. This isn't really bad...but for those of us that were hoping for a server list...

The controls that they released also sound good i'll just quote them

"Command by Cursor"

"The wii's IR function allows you to point at then select units and targets plus control the camera"
"Move your command unit using the control stick on the nunchuk. you can assume the role of other units by selecting with the cursor and pressing the A button"
"To target an enemy, highlight it with the cursor then hold down the Z button. You can fire directly at the unit or other units to attack"
"...minus button to bring up the map"

In other words this game is looking fantastic alot of good graphical effects (some textures look blurry but that is due to being on paper. The sinking of any ship looks incredibly rewarding (big bang big wave.)

Well anyway i hope i was able to get you a little bit more excited about this game

no those aren't the screens, but those look awesome too haha

It looks amazing i've played the first one but this one looks wayyyyyy better
WI-FI OMG :yikes:

if it plays out like the first multiplayer will be weird because youre able to just take control of a single trooper and constantly strafe/roll with him and take out almost anything since bullets travel slow and wont hit you. =/ besides that they should have a 2v2 mode at least so you and your friend could team up against 2 other people.

Good point Sovieto, yes it's true you could roll and strafe your way to victory in single player (you wouldn't get a good rating) , but with online i highly doubt you have anything to worry about becuz if you and your opponent may use the roll strafe shoot tactics...potentially a stalemate..

But then one of u decides "hey i am gonna get my bomber or heli and blow this chump up." Sure enough helo comes in and obliterates the man.

He says "that's not gonna happen again"and moves up his anti air and blow you chopper to bits. Then slowly but surely all hell breaks loose and you have an epic battle on your hands :)

But i see what you mean...when i watch some youtube vids about it, balancing seems to work well of course we won't truly know until October 29th. i'll get you the link for the demos (these demos came last year so expect serouis improvements on the release version)http://youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY
Alright sovieto theres the link from what i see the guy playing gets dominated comp moves up some anti aircraft and does some damage too bad it's soo short.

TPLink said:
Good point Sovieto, yes it's true you could roll and strafe your way to victory in single player (you wouldn't get a good rating) , but with online i highly doubt you have anything to worry about becuz if you and your opponent may use the roll strafe shoot tactics...potentially a stalemate..

But then one of u decides "hey i am gonna get my bomber or heli and blow this chump up." Sure enough helo comes in and obliterates the man.

He says "that's not gonna happen again"and moves up his anti air and blow you chopper to bits. Then slowly but surely all hell breaks loose and you have an epic battle on your hands :)

But i see what you mean...when i watch some youtube vids about it, balancing seems to work well of course we won't truly know until October 29th. i'll get you the link for the demos (these demos came last year so expect serouis improvements on the release version)http://youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY
Alright sovieto theres the link from what i see the guy playing gets dominated comp moves up some anti aircraft and does some damage too bad it's soo short.
good point, humans are different than AI and that wont work on them.

Yeah same reason I got my wii 2 ;) ;) I LOVE THIS GAME so much I might even go create a fansite for it :p

On the point of strafing away: When playing against humans its more difficult because humans can aim at where youre going to be, rather than where you are right now. The comp just fires at you and you strafe. A human goes spraying ;)

Last edited:
Back