Bestbuy sold out of Wiis... PS3s are sitting on the shelf!

Yeah, doesn't help Sony's cause with all the crappy launch titles. PS3 will get a lot better once some of the more recognized game titles come out, but for now they're taking a bath in lost revenue. I forgot the estimated numbers, but Sony is going to lose HUGE amounts of money this year, versus Nintendo which is going to MAKE HUGE amounts of money this year. They definitely have a smart business platform going right now.

And the Blue Ray stuff is still up in the air.

Slapping some new DVD technology with a gaming console doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And I'm sure that's a big reason why it costs so much. I hope it fails just for that sake alone. I don't like the heavy handed approach they are giving Blue Ray. Let the consumers decide what is best.

I was in my local EBgames yesterday. The clerk and I were talking about the Wii system. He mentioned they got 7 PS3 units in on Tuesday. On Wednesday, he still had 2 left. He said most people are looking for the Wii over the PS3. I've also had a 360 for about a year, and see no point right now in getting a PS3. The Blu-Ray DVD would be cool, but I'm holding out until the HD DVD format war is settled.

Entered my local Circuit City to see a sign posted as soon as you walk in stating "temporarily out of Wii's", then about 10 feet further, another sign stating the same thing. After walking through the store I've noticed they had about 8 PS3's just sitting there.

Lil Miss Foxxxy said:
Lol. You know here in Chicago, I went to Game Crazy and they also had a PS3 bundle. But for the 60 gig pack they wanted $1200 :eek:ut: Where as my boss at work bought a Wii bundle for $500. He got a extra controller with nunchuck, Twilight Princess, and a SD card. The Wii bundles sold out more than the PS3. I also heard that some of the PS3 lineup games were actually disapponting. Is that true? If so, thats gotta be a sting to Sony.

I've played Resistance (awesome), Blazing Angels (crappy resolution), and some demos (Motorstorm). By far motorstorm is the only game I might want to buy, the rest just don't do it for me...

I didn't really expect the Wii to be much of a success... at least, I didn't half a year ago.
Like, nobody I asked knew what a Wii was (don't get the impression I go up to people and ask.. it was more of a conversation thing), and the only people that said they were gunna get one were my creepy cousins and some random people on the internet.

We spend alot of money on games, and the environment to play them (dedicated 55" 16x9, also used for movies though) and surround 5.1 with a great sub, and I felt the cost of a PS3 was too much. I'd rather have a game cube and Wii and tons of games. I can't imaging it being better.

The ps3 is no doubt a good console but it seems to me that one would be wiser to wait for the second generation ps3, it will no doubt be cheaper and better than the current released ps3

The Affordability Factor

You know, not to sound like a raving fangirl but im glad the nintendo wii outsold sony. At first I was a bit hesitant on getting one because the name sounded lame and had no chance. But now that I have played one myslef, Im glad that they made this more fun and affordable. I love my ps2 but i cant afford a ps3 and for what they were asking for especially $60 games, i felt that was way too much. Wii made it more fun. I love the innovation with the controller and the sports, its so easy to play that my mom and sis were having a good time! I also like the virtual console. I look forward next monday to playing street fighter II, super mario bros, R-Type and super castelvania V! The wii made it fun. I think sony was all about big graphics and blue ray. I just want to play.

Today when I went to best buy, they had 10 ps3s at the store, but when i went to get my wii points card, I was able to get the last one and the wii was sold out. That says something. Its all about affordability and fun. You can do both and be successful.

darthbeaverxp said:
Theres a reason why the wii is cheap, cause its a piece of crap.
Smart thing to say in a Wii themed forum now isn't it is that the only reason why you joined to say something stupid then get flamed banned tsk tsk tsk:nono:

darthbeaverxp said:
Theres a reason why the wii is cheap, cause its a piece of crap.

^ Loser, go back to playing your overpriced PS3. If you don't have one yet, you shouldn't have a problem finding some on the store shelves collecting dust :lol:

Last edited:
Back