Bestbuy sold out of Wiis... PS3s are sitting on the shelf!

Yeah, like most of the people here i just expected the wii to be kinda meh at the start. But its cool seeing it do good.

I could have gotten a PS3. I didn't because i'm old enough to remember the VHS/Betamax war.

My mom's got a friend that has a very large box full of betamax movies that she can't watch. Why? Because she can't find a working Betamax player. Beta lost that war to VHS.

Now, the same thing is going on with Blu-ray vs HD-DVD. I don't want to spend extra money paying for a DVD player that may be obsolete in a year or two. I picked the Wii because of the price and the "fun factor."

re

Its quite funny how I cant even get my wii to bring up the shop channel all day. Dont even say its a server thing, because I just got home from the bar and its 4:00am. However my ps3 has been online all day without a problem. Actually its been online without a problem since day 1! My wii has frozen on me quite a few times already. Its constantly disconnects my remotes so Im forced to shut down and resync them. Now it wont even connect to the forecast channel anymore. My wii is a piece of garbage. If my g/f didnt give it to me, I would run it over with my car. Great job nintendo on this quality machine :tard:

Lastly I havent seen a ps3 on the shelves by me in the last 3 weeks. Its a sad thing to see all of you guys so scared of the ps3. You all want it to fail, but it wont. Its already nearing the 1 million mark, and since another company is producing blue laser diodes, the numbers will dramatically increase. Im sure I will hear the comeback that the wii is at about 2 million, but look how long it takes to make. Stuff gamecube internals into a giant ipod and call it a wii. Can you tell im sick of my wii? Just got another error code 051330 "cant connect to server" message.

Last edited:
Great news for Nintendo and the console war :), i would love to buy a PS3 its just way too expensive at the moment, althrough i think it will probbly pick up once the price drops, i dont mind the wait when you can get the 360 for cheaper.

billm0066 said:
Its quite funny how I cant even get my wii to bring up the shop channel all day. Dont even say its a server thing, because I just got home from the bar and its 4:00am. However my ps3 has been online all day without a problem. Actually its been online without a problem since day 1! My wii has frozen on me quite a few times already. Its constantly disconnects my remotes so Im forced to shut down and resync them. Now it wont even connect to the forecast channel anymore. My wii is a piece of garbage. If my g/f didnt give it to me, I would run it over with my car. Great job nintendo on this quality machine :tard:

Lastly I havent seen a ps3 on the shelves by me in the last 3 weeks. Its a sad thing to see all of you guys so scared of the ps3. You all want it to fail, but it wont. Its already nearing the 1 million mark, and since another company is producing blue laser diodes, the numbers will dramatically increase. Im sure I will hear the comeback that the wii is at about 2 million, but look how long it takes to make. Stuff gamecube internals into a giant ipod and call it a wii. Can you tell im sick of my wii? Just got another error code 051330 "cant connect to server" message.
You probably (1 have a defected Wii and (2 have a bad internet-connection. There's someone else on here that had that same problem, it was just a bad piece of hardware, just get it fixed...Cuz' if you've noticed, everyone else's work perfectly. :shocked: You're probably lying that you have a Wii and are just bashing cuz' you're a pretty sony fanboy and you can't believe all the true PS3 bashing we're doing, so you had to come in and lie. :wtf: But, if not, just do what I said and get the piece fixed.

We don't WANT it to fail (or at least I don't), but it's just happening, get over it man, your pretty console is biting the dust. Just wait for PS4 :prrr:

In one way I do want Sony to fail this gen, because they'll (hopefully) learn their mistakes they made. Affordable, fun, and innovation (for all you PS3'ers who don't know what that is, it means something that is NEW) beats expensive and powerful hardware.

Don't come to a Wii site to bash the fricken console the site's built after you dumbasses. I went to a PS3 website, not to bash, I went there and learned alot about the PS3 is what I did! I went in there, converted alot of ppl to the Wii by posting intelligent thoughts and laying out good reasons, but also, ppl there helped me learn about the PS3 and we all became good...not enemies. :lol:

I was even commended for not doing any of that bashing crap, how bout' some of you ppl here try it? Believe me, ppl will thank you for it. :O

everbody thinks that the ps3 are sold out till next year so they are waiting doing nothing.

and game informer ranked the wii better than the ps3. Wii got an -A and the ps3 got a B

billm0066 said:

how the **** are we scared of the ps3 it cant flipping eat us we're not scared we're just telling everyone that the its uber pwning the ps3 a the moment so please dont tell us the wii is the crap console when sony held the ps3 back in europe for a crappy blu ray player nobody even wants

GT Pro Series for Wii vs. GTHD. Guess which one is for Wii??? If you need a little help, click on the picture for a more detailed view.

There is a very good reason why one system costs twice as much as the other.

As for the PS3 sitting on store shelves, I am yet to see one from my numerous trips to Walmart, Target, Circuit City and Best Buy.

934804_20061118_screen003.jpg

928379_20060508_screen003.jpg

Everybody here unsderstand that ps3 have better graphics than the wii (i have the 3 consoles) and yes the graphics are nice, but some games on 360 looks better than the ps3 and vice versa (and t he 360 cost like half of price). i got my ps3 for 2 weeks now. the first 3 days i was amazed about it. (i was still playing my wii) now the only person who play it is my uncle when he visit us. and all i do is play wii sports with my wife and zelda. cod2 online on 360 and i got no use for the 360 now at least until the new FF comes out or MGS. im not a fan but i love everything t hat have to do with video games. but the truth is the truth. maybe ppl find better ps3 than wii... but not in my case...

Last edited:
Back