Blackbox

fkuwill

WiiChat Member
Apr 27, 2011
pa
just love it when I download a blackbox 95% of the way and drop it (for a reason of course), i see alot of ppl crying they cant rank up and it takes forever, and blah blah blah, whatever you cant get xp unless you shoot another player. back to the point i didnt just drop the box at 95% for some dumb ass noob to run along and end the game woo hoo i just got 200xp and the noob that ended the game got 150xp. lets utilize the time we have been alotted to gain that xp. i mean the point of the game is to either capture or destroy the box, but adding a twist in the rules will only advance you quicker in the game, lets not just fill the meter lets play keep away!

just love it when I download a blackbox 95% of the way and drop it (for a reason of course), i see alot of ppl crying they cant rank up and it takes forever, and blah blah blah, whatever you cant get xp unless you shoot another player. back to the point i didnt just drop the box at 95% for some dumb ass noob to run along and end the game woo hoo i just got 200xp and the noob that ended the game got 150xp. lets utilize the time we have been alotted to gain that xp. i mean the point of the game is to either capture or destroy the box, but adding a twist in the rules will only advance you quicker in the game, lets not just fill the meter lets play keep away!

You've almost discovered what we at Spots/Faqs call Black Box Farming. Try guarding that box as long as you can. If they come like lemmings they deserve it.

You've almost discovered what we at Spots/Faqs call Black Box Farming. Try guarding that box as long as you can. If they come like lemmings they deserve it.
I did that just about 30 minutes ago. In the Docks they took it to the back area with only one entry point. So, I killed a bunch of them and then ran to the back and picked 'em off as they came in. I normally wouldn't do that as I don't think it's in the spirit of the game. But if you're gonna take it there ya might as well take advantage. They did it a second time a few games later and I picked 'em off again. It was about 3K XP in about 3 games.

Now, if I could only make sure I play ONLY those guys...

Hmmmm... Sorry I dont understand what youre saying. Ive played BB a couple times but if there is a good way to get XP would you mind explaining this a bit more?

you just take the box and run off with it to a place on the map you feel comfortable and when it starts beeping...right before your done downloading it and about to win...drop it and use the time left in the match killing the other team...therefore gaining xp...then just finish downloading it when you have like 10-15 seconds left

great fun

you just take the box and run off with it to a place on the map you feel comfortable and when it starts beeping...right before your done downloading it and about to win...drop it and use the time left in the match killing the other team...therefore gaining xp...then just finish downloading it when you have like 10-15 seconds left

great fun

Holy Crap I just palyed 3 rounds of BB and banked over 900XP. Well the first round didn't go so well but the 2nd I got over 600 and the 3rd 400 and the match couldn't have been more than a few minutes. Me thinks I might be playing BB a lot more!

BB is a great way to boost your XP in a short period of time. Plus you have a 50% chance of a victory and an extra 50 XP to boot. Then there is the extra 50 XP if you have a 2-1 elimination ratio.

I've gone into a black box and done pretty poorly - like 5 kills and if I managed the streak come away with a heck of a lot of XP.

thank you intelligent folks for understanding now if we can just help the million registered ppl understand as well

thank you intelligent folks for understanding now if we can just help the million registered ppl understand as well

So I tried this the other day... We were on Archives and I picked up the box and ran into the radio room and held the box the entire 90%+ and Im getting tons of eliminations. Drop the box and start killing and a few seconds later some guy grabs the box... Holy S*** it was a perfect game We could have made huge XPs...

Haha well BB is pretty awesome when you aren't playing any level 5o+s expert BBers

I have more BB questions for you BB experts.

Whats the fastest way to destroy the BB? I just shoot the crap out of it and try to chuck grenades next to it. I see a lot of people throwing mines at it but never have them in my loadout.

Also is it just me or f*** does it suck to be Janus sometimes? I haven't played all the maps yet but depending on where the box starts and if no one gets to it fast enough its a complete slaughter.

Is Facility the only map that is different? That really threw me off lol Ive played that map a million times on TC and this is the area I immediately run to and I was just in wonderland all the sudden.

And finally does it piss others off when they see a level 33 who has never played BB and has no clue what they're doing on their team hahahaha Most of the time I do pretty good but some maps I get completely slaughtered...

Anyway thanks for introducing me to BB My XP has NEVER been this good and I was getting REALLY bored with this game.

As Succthis pointed out on gamespot/faqs we call this BB Farming. Usually only works when you have a team of 4 though 'cause you always get that stupid noob who picks it up. Anyways, this is how it works. Complete the objective to 99% at the very start then go on a rampage for 10 minutes. At the last couple of seconds complete the objective. Here's what you can do with a good farming session. These are some of the guys I play with on a regular basis.

http://img857.imageshack.us/i/200kills.jpg/

There was another game where they got more kills then that, but I can't find it. Of course they were going for how many kills they could get and didn't do any of the objective, but really, what's a measly 50 xp at that point?

As Succthis pointed out on gamespot/faqs we call this BB Farming. Usually only works when you have a team of 4 though 'cause you always get that stupid noob who picks it up. Anyways, this is how it works. Complete the objective to 99% at the very start then go on a rampage for 10 minutes. At the last couple of seconds complete the objective. Here's what you can do with a good farming session. These are some of the guys I play with on a regular basis.

http://img857.imageshack.us/i/200kills.jpg/

There was another game where they got more kills then that, but I can't find it. Of course they were going for how many kills they could get and didn't do any of the objective, but really, what's a measly 50 xp at that point?

Holy **** I'm surprised that no one quit... Id have to assume one of them was hosting. Id quit for sure after 15-20 deaths and no eliminations... Crap Id quit just looking at this team's stats.

I wouldn't quit if a team was farming the BB. If they do that I just look for a spawn point or a place they have to pass through and camp. The guys on my side will be killing the farmers here and there and I will pick off the farmers as they spawn.

The thing is, like in the game I posted the pic from, the one team had them spawn locked. The noobs could literally not move at all. This is really easy to do on Outpost. the farming team will be around the middle build next to the one where you can get on the roof with the chimney and the other team will be locked spawning at the three buildings by the MI6 spawn. There are ways to break it, but most people just charge in to their death. If you notice the farming team only had a handful of deaths, so trying to pick them off doesn't work cause the really good players know where everyone will spawn.

As I had said earlier, if they come like lemmings they deserve it. How do you break a spawn lock? Run away! Go in a different direction and flank them. Running AT a farming team will never work, only help their objective. Hide for a minute, regroup and figure out what you need to do to not die so much. If you are lucky you may pull out a 1:1, or even positive kdr out of one these matches...but doubtful.

Back