Blue Light Problem

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
SO recently the blue light has been popping up when i get a message but today for some wierd reason, i have had about 11 messages and in all of the cases the light did not flash at all. It blinks when the console is powered up but thats about it.

Does anyone know whats wrong. I checked my wii settings and the light itself is activated on. I hope my wii isnt messed again....sigh

Samething is happening to me. Are you putting your Wii into Standby instead of powering it off? (Light being orange instead of Red?)

normally my standby connection is off (red light) and my console unplugged.
Thus when i turn it on the light normally pops up after start up but today....no light just a number change in the msg count

you will not get a blue light if your consle is off.
And it will not stay, when you turn it on, unless you were in standby mode.

no the thing is that my console has always had standby mode off and i always got the blinking blue light when i powered it on (plugging it in and starting it up) but today, nothing

anyone else victim to this freak incident???

dds said:
no the thing is that my console has always had standby mode off and i always got the blinking blue light when i powered it on (plugging it in and starting it up) but today, nothing

No I think you're alone on this one....

dds said:

...before you were saying something about messages...
if it is not going on, at all, not even blinking, take it back, its defective.

didnt you just say the samething is happening to you????

is it okay to have the wii in stand by mode, but still unplug it from the outlet...??

going back to my original issue, i just dont understand why it happened today and how setting my console to stand by will fix it....seeing as how standby was off and the blue light appeared after the console was booted up

no purpose to keep it plugged in 24/7..... i mean it stays on from the point of initial play to the point before i go to bed and that is when i unplug it. I plug it back in when i play again

can anyone address my standby / unplug question above?

dds said:
no purpose to keep it plugged in 24/7..... i mean it stays on from the point of initial play to the point before i go to bed and that is when i unplug it. I plug it back in when i play again

can anyone address my standby / unplug question above?
Will get to that in a second, but let me just say that i really don't think its nessesary to be unplugging it so often. Keeping it plugged in and on standby mode would be the wisest.
That way the internet is still connected.

Im not arguing with you here but..why though...i understand it in term of convince when a new update comes out but is there really a purpose to have it on ALL the time especially if you dont play it for 5 or more days?

Well it is your dicision, and if that works with you, thats fine.
There might have been some miscommunication above, so let's recap quickly.
your Wii's disk slot is not lighting up at all, correct?
not even when the console starts up (should blink once fast)?

Back