Brawl Friend Codes 2013

Wd2.gif

No, im not talking about this sliding.

Im talking about that : [video=youtube;eSx9FQXBDIs]http://youtu.be/eSx9FQXBDIs?t=1m47s[/video]
1m47

In this video, ike can do any combo without any delay. I dont like that, normally when people use a strong attack, it has a longer delay. A rule in any fight.

You mean his Quick Draw jump cancel?
lol even though Ike looks like he is moving fast, he is actually pretty slow in Project M. Most characters can out speed him.

Ike can do any combo without any delay. I dont like that, normally when people use a strong attack, it has a longer delay. A rule in any fight.
That Ike just knows what he's doing. MR's right, since Ike's speed has been greatly improved, think of all of the other characters' speeds.

Im talking about that : [video=youtube;eSx9FQXBDIs]http://youtu.be/eSx9FQXBDIs?t=1m47s[/video]
1m47

In this video, ike can do any combo without any delay. I dont like that, normally when people use a strong attack, it has a longer delay. A rule in any fight.

Ike's U-air comes out that quickly in vBrawl. It's not that Ike lacks delay on his stronger moves; he most certainly does. It's that "hitsun", a state where a player can't do anything after being hit, is about the same as it was in Melee, which lets you get real combos. In vBrawl, hitstun is almost non-existant. This means you can shield, dodge, jump or just-plain attack back to prevent literally every possible attempt at a combo, with very few exceptions (like guaranteed chain grabs). In Project: M, every character can perform extended combos without relying on a broken move; say, Falco's D-throw. Heavy hitters like Ike obviously have shorter combos though. And yes, it's very balanced for heavily-damaging characters to have the ability t' perform guaranteed combos. Other fighting games wouldn't have competitive scenes otherwise.

Mind you, there's a plethora of ways to escape a combo in P:M, or otherwise shorten it. My use of the word "guaranteed" is relatively improper since very little in any Smash game is truly guaranteed. DI, super armor, teching, clanking... there's almost always a way t' escape a combo; 'specially if they're extended. And there's always a way to minimize damage.

Last edited:
That Ike just knows what he's doing. MR's right, since Ike's speed has been greatly improved, think of all of the other characters' speeds.

So in otherword, all character have been buffed?

Ike's U-air comes out that quickly in vBrawl. It's not that Ike lacks delay on his stronger moves; he most certainly does. It's that "hitsun", a state where a player can't do anything after being hit, is about the same as it was in Melee, which lets you get real combos. In vBrawl, hitstun is almost non-existant. This means you can shield, dodge, jump or just-plain attack back to prevent literally every possible attempt at a combo, with very few exceptions (like guaranteed chain grabs). In Project: M, every character can perform extended combos without relying on a broken move; say, Falco's D-throw. Heavy hitters like Ike obviously have shorter combos though. And yes, it's very balanced for heavily-damaging characters to have the ability t' perform guaranteed combos. Other fighting games wouldn't have competitive scenes otherwise.

Mind you, there's a plethora of ways to escape a combo in P:M, or otherwise shorten it. My use of the word "guaranteed" is relatively improper since very little in any Smash game is truly guaranteed. DI, super armor, teching, clanking... there's almost always a way t' escape a combo; 'specially if they're extended. And there's always a way to minimize damage.

This is your personnal opinion, me i do not like combo that cant be countered once it began. 2 or 3 strike is ok, but i mean like grap + down, grap + down....

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, literally every single character in Project: M receives improvements. One'a the main goals of P:M's developers is to promote balance; something no Smash game has implemented very well previous. 'Specially not Brawl.

I didn't state anythin' to do with my personal preferences towards fighting games, t'was nothin' but fact there. Heavy characters are not inherently broken (and are typically less viable in most games). Hitstun in Brawl is highly decreased in comparison to old Smash Bros. games. My use of the word "guaranteed" was indeed improper... ... ....

Uncounterable combos are very much in Brawl... and they're the worst kind: 100% inescapable. You can't DI, abuse super armor or anythin' to escape 'em, unlike in Project: M. King Dedede and Ice Climbers can do infinite throws. Many other characters, such as Falco and Kirby have guaranteed grab combos until a certain damage percentage. IIRC Falco can rack up a guaranteed 40% damage with his D-throw. There're plenty of other infinites as well, like Lucas' D-tilt lock.

Also, if a combo can be countered, it's no longer a combo. Hence why in other fighting games that list the number'a hits in a combo will cease said list once an opponent gets out of hitstun and has the possibility to counterattack. By definition, a combo is a string of hits where an opponent has no possibility of reacting 'cause they're stuck in hitstun.

Last edited:
Anyone wanna battle?@ w @ my fc is 0647-6031-7199.>:3 Project M???sounds like fun i want in.@ w @ also this thread looks alive so ima check continuosly > w <. feel free to reply i wont go anywere.>:3

Back