Brawl Tournament

I vote for it to not be banned
I think because it is big it give players more strategy and lets the better player win anyway
Besides there aren't any hazardous ways to die it is just a big level

Just to keep track, since noone else is.. 6 for ban, 5 for no ban on Hyrule Temple. If only I had voting rights.. Ah well.

and I think camping down in the underground area should also be allowed.

...Wow. Just wow. What a stupid thing to say.. o.o;

technicalky i never opened the voting, just the discussion but whatever. Banned it is.

not even going to discuus this:
is everyone ok with a Ban on Warioware and Norfair?

Yes, Warioware is clearly rediculous. No arguement for this necesarry, if everyone else doesn't ban this they have no idea what they're talking about. :lol:

Norfair is very campy, a thousand different ledges to camp on, and the lava can OHKO you and does good damage normally. It can even save your opponents life if they wouldn't be able to recover/you fairly spiked them. The stage is also too big for a normal fight, due to those multiple floating platforms, which aren't big enough to get a serious fight on.

when you say "serious fight," I think you're talking about a ground fight on a long platform. However, brawl is also a designed for aerial fighting on a multitude of platforms. but I think the middle platform is big enough for that anyway, and the Lava usually affects all players equally cuz they all have to dodge it.

Serious fight, as in air dodging and taking advantage of ledges has nothing to do with the main fighting itself. While Brawl is designed for both ground and air combat, ground is the primary source for a true battle, aerial combat should only be incorporated to intercept someone in the air that's been knocked away, or as an approach, like Ike's aerials.

The middle platform definatly isn't big enough, after two hits the enemy flies off and auto-grabs a ledge. Or after one hit, they roll in the opposite direction and get trapped on the edge, leaving them to get hit.

Just because the lava effects everyone "equally" doesn't mean it can't be taken advantage of. Knocking someone into the lava is cheap. Getting saved by the lava so you don't plummet to your death is pure luck and cheap. When the walls of lava come from the sides, knocking them into it and comboing them to death is very cheap. Running over to someone when the lava is about to splash the entire screen, throwing them into a defenseless position and then shielding the lava is REALLY cheap.

In tournaments, it's custom to ban all stages with hazards/abnormal terrain.

Back