Can gamers of today ?????

Ravishek

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2007
Ny
Wii Online Code
8622-0992-1304-4247
Im just wondering can gamers of today appreciate what a lot of us grew up on.

I started playing when i was 12 years and just kept going as it is like a hobbie to me. but today alot of times i visit boards and such and here ppl say that why bother with older games bring them to something like vc.

well i can say why not anyone who grew up with nes snes knows that some of the best nintendo games came from that era metal gear final fantasy dragon warrior/quest zelda.

And lots of other series but i guess what im wondering is does anyone think that because u are a gamer of older games and still like the new stuff does that make u different???

plz drop your thoughts by if u like.

I remember the christmas when I got my NES. I had smb, contra, and metal gear for it. I played and played that entire day. My brother and I had countless hours of fun playing anything that came out. I remember how stoked I was when I beat Metroid and Zelda. I read every issue of nintendo power for the next 5 years, I even hung the blaster master maps on my wall. Its even cooler now because I've got kids and I can introduce them to alot of the games I played as a kid.

I'm 19 and I think kids today like younger kids might check out stuff that we were into, but it wont be the same experience at all. part of the value of these games is we attach so many feelings of our youth to them. we dont just say omg contra was awesome, we remember having friends over and dying all the time because it was hard as hell, and we remember that age and how awesome it was to be younger and not have to worry about school or anything. you went to school, colored a few pages, learned a new letter, and went home to play blades of steel. kids today wont have the same nostalgic value for the games we grew up on, but they will have it for like mario 64 and all those games in the next generation.

Yeah i can see ur point that kids will see that but i also like to think if there had not been these games would stuff like mario 64 been around.

*Still plays his atari 2600*
Just the other day I had my Satrun on and had a go of Panzer Dragoon zewi (class music)

Darkprinny said:
*Still plays his atari 2600*
Just the other day I had my Satrun on and had a go of Panzer Dragoon zewi (class music)

Yea im with u on that one...Im 25 and every system that i own gets its turn...the way i see it a lot of gamers today have a very short attention spand...if it doesnt "look pretty" or do something never done before, they arent gonna wanna play....to me ANY game that is made is art and should be appreciated.

Wow bliss well said it is true:)

Bliss said:
Yea im with u on that one...Im 25 and every system that i own gets its turn...the way i see it a lot of gamers today have a very short attention spand...if it doesnt "look pretty" or do something never done before, they arent gonna wanna play....to me ANY game that is made is art and should be appreciated.

Have you ever played RES
Its a contender for arty game music thing

But I dont keep every console pluged in to my tv (theres not enoth slots) I just keep my faves set up

^^ no i havent played RES...and no all of my systems arent plugged up either but they are all in reach so i can unplug and plug up when needed

I Remember when i got my first Video Game System NES and we played duck hunt all day long and had competitions to see who could get the furthest and if we tied it would be according to the score!

If anyone here still likes atari 2600 and would want it online then maybe we can start a petition to put it on the VC!

On my last lads game night we played on my binatone (my first console)
LOL pong on a 50" tv
Pong + true gamers + one noobish one that had never herd of half the games I own + alacholl = competitiveness

Darkprinny said:
On my last lads game night we played on my binatone (my first console)
LOL pong on a 50" tv
Pong + true gamers + one noobish one that had never herd of half the games I own + alacholl = competitiveness

WOW Pong on a 50' ...thats no joke right there :lol:

I grew up on Sega, so my first console was a Mega Drive back in 1991. Loads of hours of fun that was. I can still remember spending tons of time on Zombies Ate My Neighbours (just called Zombies round these parts, due to silly censorship rules), even though I've completely forgotten about the school I went to at the time. :lol:

well i hope they start putting more systems on the wii virtual console and release more games per week! More than the usual three need to increase to five or six per week or they are not going to get past the whole intire library like they wanted to!

Intellevision was my parents' and sister's first console they ever bought in about 1980. I remember playing NFL football when I was probably 4 years old, hiking the ball over and over, running backwards to get a safety. Didnt exactly get the rules. I have deep sentiments for all of the Intellevision games......(I had games that talked in, like, 1984!!!!). Oh yeah, and boxing (all of these games were 2 player only) just standing there beating the **** out of the other guy who isnt moving at all. I had noone my age to play these games with me.

What was the point in this reply? OH YEAH! Im sure you couldnt talk a kid into even looking at one of those blocky Intellevision games. It was clearly because I grew up with them as my baby sitter. Kids these days could call the police on their parents and accuse them of child abuse for making them play on an intellevsion.

Today you almost HAVE to have known how to play these games already, because the controller had like 15 buttons and if you pushed the wrong one on some games, your TV would emmit a loud ass buzzing sound that pissed everyone off.

Someone do it, download BLISS or some other emulator for Intellevision, and try to play NFL football..........you will just get a series of BBBLAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! in your ear......and yes we had the manuals for all the games.

Back