Status
Not open for further replies.

jrstubs

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
New York
Wii Online Code
7140-1840-9825-0503
My parents are heavy smokers....they go through about 5 packs a day(for those who are confused I mean combined so they dont each smoke 5 packs a day...), and im afraid the smoke will damage my wii on the inside. I'm pretty sure all the game systems Ive ever had were killed by the smoke :nonod: my gamecube, a couple computers, 2 sega genesis', ps1, ps2...

My house is extremely dusty because they smoke so much too, pisses me off alot.

So it would be nice if somebody had answers. :)

Last edited:
get em to stop somking, fast. to be honest i donno what it would do for the wii. But i know for a fact its destroying YOU.

Smokers are stupid and im not going to say no offence but it really is a stupid idea.
I'd pack your Wii away in a safe cuboard when not using it. It's alot of work but for a Console where we won't be seeing them on the shelfs until at least JULY it's a small price to pay putting it in a Cuboard

Hmmm it might do damage there is no way to be sure, As suggested keep it in a box or something when not in use

Nah, they wont stop, they are too ignorant and don't accept the fact that nobody likes to be around people that smoke...they get really pissy when I even ask them to smoke outside and its not that big of a deal.

I'm a smoker, and I honestly can't stand people who smoke inside or near other people though. I hate second hand smoke as much as the next person.

I can't say for sure whether smoke would do damage to your system. I guess it depends how much smoke there is in the room, or whether it is getting to your Wii. To be safe, I would agree with what has been said, about packing it away when you're not using it. You wouldn't need to pack anything else away with it. Just the console. Leave the cords out for ease of setting up.

Good luck.

I'm not sure it will because of the fan thingy on the wii, but to be safe, maybe you'd be better off putting the wii somewhere else.

You could go out and purchase one of those Ionic Breeze type of devices...something that cleans the air and put that in the same room as your Wii...that would help clean up the air of smoke and also make a good environment for you to play your Wii in.

Vertiginous said:
You could go out and purchase one of those Ionic Breeze type of devices...something that cleans the air and put that in the same room as your Wii...that would help clean up the air of smoke and also make a good environment for you to play your Wii in.

Thats actually a good idea.

It is a good idea.

Dude, smoke can damege ANYTHING. If your parents don't stop smoking, I suggest packing your belongings and moving to a friend's house without your parents noticing. I'm not trying to be offensive, but usualy heavy smokers don't care about anyone or anything else, so you won't have to worry about your parents calling the cops when you move.

Nfanboy said:
It is a good idea.

Dude, smoke can damege ANYTHING. If your parents don't stop smoking, I suggest packing your belongings and moving to a friend's house without your parents noticing. I'm not trying to be offensive, but usualy heavy smokers don't care about anyone or anything else, so you won't have to worry about your parents calling the cops when you move.

I'm with this guy. I grew up in a house where parents smoked and it wasn't as bad as you're describing. The effects of growing up in that are long lasting and if they smoke that much, it's just dangerous for you. I wouldn't worry about your Wii in this case, it's replaceable. You're long term health isn't.

Try to put it in a place that they dont go into a lot so that there will be no reminisance of smoke there. But the problem is more easily solved if they stop, which can be done.

I dunno, but i think it can. A few years back we had a small fire in my house that was about 100-125 feet away from my xbox, and it killed my xbox. After the fire my xbox played 4 games about half of the time. So id say smoke sure can damage it.

P.S.- I sold it to Gamestop without them knowing, they never contacted me about it :D

Last edited:
I think the important thing in this topic is your wii. From how you describe the smoke in your house this shows how this can affect your health. You need to see someone it shouldnt be safe to live in your house if its that bad. And the amount of consoles that broke cause of smoke! They smoke way to much! You need to see someone and get this sorted.

Yeah like someone else said I suggest you to buy an air cleaner!

or tell them to do like me... stop smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back