Can Smoke Damage The Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really don't like your parents smoking, speak to them about your concerns. Despite what others say on here, we are not ****ing crazy lunatics that think about smoking and nothing else and we are certainly not "stupid". Explain to your parents that your not only afraid of your own health but theirs as well.
I know that if my child said something like that to me, i'd think long and hard about a few things.

Heres an idea for you.

Leave all the wii cables in the tv and leave the sensor on top. And after finished playing stick your wii into its original box and leave it next to the tv. And when you want to play again just take it out the box and plug the cables in again.

And if you have wifi take out you Wii every now and again and leave it on WiiConect24 for half hour or so to see if you have any messages from freinds or Nintendo.

WolfpacSnakepit said:
If you really don't like your parents smoking, speak to them about your concerns. Despite what others say on here, we are not ****ing crazy lunatics that think about smoking and nothing else and we are certainly not "stupid". Explain to your parents that your not only afraid of your own health but theirs as well.
I know that if my child said something like that to me, i'd think long and hard about a few things.
I'll have to do it, I'll hit them with the questions and statements today.

Well what really sucks with the smoke and the Wii is the fact that the Wii is White and will develop a type of soot on it overtime with all the smoke...the type of soot you would find on the inside of a smoker's car...But like I said I think the best idea would be to get some sort of Air cleaner or air cycler in your room where the Wii is...that would probably help you the most and also provide you with a healthier place to hang out...

Also you should suggest to your parent's that if they care about you they should have a designated smoking room somewhere in the house...my friends parent's did that and it worked out great...they had a room with like a TV and a card table with newspaper or something....I dunno just a suggestion.

i dont know if the smoke will affect the wii but what i know is that the soot and dust will. that kind of stuff builds up and im guessing that if the wii is not on and it is exposed to the dust and soot it will build up. i think theres only a few options. A. keep it in the box. B. get an air cleaner.
Good Luck

WolfpacSnakepit said:

I've tried to convince my parents to quit for more than 20 years. Now I have a three month old and they STILL won't quit. It's unfortunate in this day parents don't give more thought about it, despite all the education going on.

I'm curious where the original poster lives.

mym6 said:
I've tried to convince my parents to quit for more than 20 years. Now I have a three month old and they STILL won't quit. It's unfortunate in this day parents don't give more thought about it, despite all the education going on.

I'm curious where the original poster lives.

Your over 20, you have a kid, and your still living with your parents?

Apparently now in england the average age of a single male being able to afford a house and move out is 36!

now back onto the smoking topic.
im pritty sure that smoke will damage it, hence why alot of items recieve "smoke damage" when near a fire. and 5 packs a day? are these packs of 20 or packs of 10? lol. dammit you must STINK! lol. i hate having to smell smoke, and even though i do occasionally pick up a cig, i hate what i smell like afterwards (love the smell of an unlit cig tho).
Try talking to them about it, if that fails, fake a lung related illness.... lol. What you must remember though, is that coming down from 5 packs a day will seriously hurt, the withdrawls will probably be hell. Stopping cold turkey from that amount of nicotine would probbaly kill someone, so you might want to suggest either patches or gum, (it is possible to get these on prescription if your in the UK)

paintba||er said:
Maybe suggest an alternative such as alcohol or pot. Pot wouldn't help your Wii but it would be a little better for your health and it smells better.
Marijuana does smell better, its also more expensive, around here its about $10 a gram, And I don't want to see my parents high all the time, they are lazy as - is. Alcohol is a cheaper alternative but I don't want my house to smell like a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back