Can Wii get Street Fighter 4 please

That was my point earlier though, why have a bunch of controllers that could work rather than having one do it all (i.e. 360 controller, where FPS and fighting games can be played and work well).

It's a matter of personal taste but i think 360 controllers (and any analogue controller) suck for FPS. Give me a Wiimote or mouse any day. It isn't like you need a totally different controller for every single game anyway, you only need a Wiimote and a Classic controller and then you could play any type of game whatsoever; which is hardly a 'bunch'. If Nintendo went back to purely using old style controllers then I think my interest in gaming would decline.

In the past (before the CD based consoles) Street Fighter games were released for virtually every platform but the only one that had a great controller straight out the box was the SNES. Genesis/Megadrive controls sucked and computer versions were even worse; but people would often buy a new 6 button controller just to play SF. I don't see why the Wii would be any different and most people probably own a Classic or Gamecube controller already to play their VC games.

It's a matter of personal taste but i think 360 controllers (and any analogue controller) suck for FPS. Give me a Wiimote or mouse any day. It isn't like you need a totally different controller for every single game anyway, you only need a Wiimote and a Classic controller and then you could play any type of game whatsoever; which is hardly a 'bunch'. If Nintendo went back to purely using old style controllers then I think my interest in gaming would decline.

In the past (before the CD based consoles) Street Fighter games were released for virtually every platform but the only one that had a great controller straight out the box was the SNES. Genesis/Megadrive controls sucked and computer versions were even worse; but people would often buy a new 6 button controller just to play SF. I don't see why the Wii would be any different and most people probably own a Classic or Gamecube controller already to play their VC games.
Familyguyreaction.jpg

Actually, yes. Street Fighter on cellphone only uses two buttons in one control format. Anyway, I think a GameCube controller would work better anyway.
Ive had the misfortune to play that version as well

Lets take a look at a game cube pad
30607421-2-200-0.gif

Urgh
Button layout - Rubbish for Street fighter or any of Capcoms punching games
D-pad - Small (my thumb covers it)and out of the way
Left analog stick - A bit to lose for fighting games

Yes I have tryed fighting games on it (Capcom vs SNK 2 EO, Soul Caliber 2) it was a bugger to do any kind of moves on that Dpad

I'd rather get it on the PS3 because I'm sure the online experience will be better. With fighting games, lag-free action is essential and Brawl's online was a joke.

Back