Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles

But why worry about sales, its not like you can change all of that, one copy is one copy.

But why worry about sales, its not like you can change all of that, one copy is one copy.

Those one copies all add up.

There isn't much that you can actually do to change the sales except for posting in threads like this one and maybe persuading some people to go out and buy the quality games that they are ignoring.

I'm hoping that Madworld is a typical Wii seller, slow to start and finally reaching over a million. Why do I care? Because it was a great game and I want a sequel!

Its hard to explain the low sales of third party Wii games.

Early on it was mostly because third party titles were bad ports or poor concepts and people just weren't having it.

Currently the effort is getting better and more titles are becoming available. The sales may not be there still but they may pick up. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Conduit. (Apparently HVS have good ideas for marketing)

dont worry people, wii games have long legs.

boom blox, percieved as a flop has sold half million and has a sequel
cod waw is almost 1 mil or past it
there are many other games too

It's all about what each individual likes when it comes to games. I personally feel as if gamers and the games are typecasted too much anyways. People like what they like. The games that are selling might just be what people want to get, while the games that are not selling as well might not be what people had in mind, regardless of system.

Ah ****. You just had to revive a stickmode thread...

Third party hardcore title sales are low because there are very few of them, and those that are available are so stylistic in their own way that they can't appeal to mass audiences. Games like No More Heroes and Madworld only do as well as they do because they're available for the Wii. Also, if you own a Wii and you're interested in hardcore titles, you can't really expect much substance from anything other than Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games.

Hopefully The Conduit starts a new trend. They seem to be advertising a lot, so it may pay off. It's the first third party game I've anticipated for the Wii but I don't count Okami or Resident Evil 4 because they're ports!

Back