Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles

Hardcore, this. Sales, that. Why do you all care? Just get what you enjoy, and shut up about it.

People care because it has an impact on the type and quality of games that the Wii will see in the future. If nobody buys games like Madworld then we are likely to just get stuff like Party Games over and over again, then everyone will be complaining about there being no good games on the Wii. So if everyone just shuts up there might not be any games to get that we'll enjoy.

Think for about it for a moment? When was the last time you saw a advertisement from Nintendo or their third parties about M rated games? Madworld I believe I saw it like 3-5 times and that was it. Even in magazines Nintendo don't advertise. They don't do it anymore like they did during the SNES days. Now they are looking at maximizing their profits by lowering their advertisement budget.

Nintendo advertise their big titles quite a bit (SMG, Mario Kart, Wii Fit) but 3rd party advertising is pretty much non existant, especially compared to the advertising that a 360/PS3 titles gets. Then they wonder why nobody is buying their Wii game.

People care because it has an impact on the type and quality of games that the Wii will see in the future. If nobody buys games like Madworld then we are likely to just get stuff like Party Games over and over again, then everyone will be complaining about there being no good games on the Wii. So if everyone just shuts up there might not be any games to get that we'll enjoy.

None of my games have words such as "Party". Nor do I buy

I suppose you call games such as WiiFit, Wii Sports, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz "Party games" but I remember something just now. Why should I care what others want me to buy? If I as a consumer legitimately enjoy my games, why should I care? We aren't forced to buy party games. People choose to buy party games.

Nintendo advertise their big titles quite a bit (SMG, Mario Kart, Wii Fit) but 3rd party advertising is pretty much non existant, especially compared to the advertising that a 360/PS3 titles gets. Then they wonder why nobody is buying their Wii game.

Thats it. That pretty much answers the question of this fourm. I know Wii Fit has the biggest advertisment of all wii games, its one of the only few games that has ever appear all types of magazines ad, tv ads, etc.

None of my games have words such as "Party". Nor do I buy

I suppose you call games such as WiiFit, Wii Sports, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz "Party games" but I remember something just now. Why should I care what others want me to buy? If I as a consumer legitimately enjoy my games, why should I care? We aren't forced to buy party games. People choose to buy party games.

'Party Games' was just to generalize a lot of the casual or quick cash in titles, most of which are very poor quality.

I wouldn't call Super Monkey Ball or Wii Fit party games, most people I know actually prefer to do Wii Fit on their own. Wii Sports is the ultimate party game though and I haven't seen many better. I actually have owned and enjoyed all of them as well.

If you only enjoy simple pick up and play type games then that's fine. I enjoy some of them too but I also want games that have a bit more depth and challenge to them. So maybe you don't need care about the type of games available but that doesn't mean that nobody else is allowed to either, as we are all consumers too.

Yes, you're right!!
High Voltage CEO claims: "The Conduit the KEY title that opens the doors for high quality hardcore games, if you really want games like this support it".
I'm a hardcore gamer and I want soo much more and more games like this appear in the future for Wii, what can I do to this happen?

Support them!!
Support them....

I recomend everyone to start right now reserving their money for The Conduit and of course if you want, reserve it from Gamestop to obtain the Collector's Edition for the same price.
This will help The Conduit to match great weekly sales and reach the million mark in less time.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right!!
High Voltage CEO claims: "The Conduit the KEY title that opens the doors for high quality hardcore games, if you really want games like this support it".
I'm a hardcore gamer and I want soo much more and more games like this appear in the future for Wii, what can I do to this happen?

Support them!!
Support them....

I recomend everyone to start right now reserving their money for The Conduit and of course if you want, reserve it from Gamestop to obtain the Collector's Edition for the same price.
This will help The Conduit to match great weekly sales and reach the million mark in less time.
How about those who hate's Gamestop Reservation bullshit or Crappy policies. Not everyone is sure that The Conduit is going to be a good game.

Bullshit.gif

And as for pissing on the Wii.

piss.gif

The Crime has been justified. And here an award for you Stickmode.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/AlexGundamStrike/****.jpg

How about the next message you do, do it via youtube with a video.

I'm not preordering anything...too many games SOUND great before they come out and then lack something in execution. I like to hear what real users think before I hand over $50.

Plus, I'm not "supporting" a game developer. I *buy* games that I would enjoy playing. I *support* charities. I don't mind paying full retail for products that are great, but I have a problem with paying full retail to encourage effort that may or may not pan out.

I'm not preordering anything...too many games SOUND great before they come out and then lack something in execution. I like to hear what real users think before I hand over $50.

Plus, I'm not "supporting" a game developer. I *buy* games that I would enjoy playing. I *support* charities. I don't mind paying full retail for products that are great, but I have a problem with paying full retail to encourage effort that may or may not pan out.

If you don't care, make a research for the games you want (obtain info) and this help you to know more and every aspect you think.

I DO research the games, but I still hold out until after they come out and real people start playing them...too often, they sound fantastic in previews but just don't live up to the hype.

I'd consider myself a "hardcore" Wii fan....Madworld hasn't gotten me to buy it...let....HOD, not really sure I want it, I have RE:UC. Dead Rising was awful on Wii...ChinaTown simply isn't my type of game(GTA isn't my favorite)

That said...HOD sold well(Sega said its happy) same thing with Madworld. Chinatown we've heard about live span of DS titles...i guess we'll see

Simply put... online forums are making it seem like the Wii hardcore crowd is bigger than it is.

People think... "Well, about 90% of the people I talked to on forums are HC players"

Yet alot of people seem to forget that if you are a casual gamer, then there is a tremendously high chance that you are not on Wii forums. So while they're maybe 2 million hardcore Wii users going strong on websites, the remaining 48 million are pure casual gamers that buy games according to the box art and the name of the game. Hence why even casual gamers own Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Galaxy. Because it has Mario on the front of it.

50 mill Wii owners... and last I read Mad World didnt even sell 100,000.

50 mill Wii owners... and last I read Mad World didnt even sell 100,000.

Yea, not great sales numbers. But give it a full month of May...I think sales will pick up(maybe not a ton, but a little) I just got my copy today. I'm also planning on purchasing the Conduit. Both look like top notch Wii games. I'm thinking the Conduit will sell better, but still not Halo/GTA/Brawl good. But that is to be expected, right?

As for the people saying who cares about sales number, futures games(both in that series, if it becomes a series and types of similar games) are based in some part on the sales numbers. A better question is, if you don't think sale number matter, why are you in a thread talking about them?

Yea, not great sales numbers. But give it a full month of May...I think sales will pick up(maybe not a ton, but a little) I just got my copy today. I'm also planning on purchasing the Conduit. Both look like top notch Wii games. I'm thinking the Conduit will sell better, but still not Halo/GTA/Brawl good. But that is to be expected, right?

As for the people saying who cares about sales number, futures games(both in that series, if it becomes a series and types of similar games) are based in some part on the sales numbers. A better question is, if you don't think sale number matter, why are you in a thread talking about them?

I agree I think it will pick up, but not much like you said.

Im just saying, it shows u how little the hardcore market is on the Wii and if it keeps up, Wii will not get anymore hardcore games outside of Nintendo and I guess Sega, since they're happy.

As for people not caring about sales, I also agree. It does matter and I find it funny that Wii gamers are now scoffing at sales numbers when Wii gamers are ones who gloat the most when it comes to sales... Especially console sales and sales like Wii Play... But now that sales are low on the hardcore games, it suddenly doesn't matter...

Back