Can your Wii get viruses when browsing?

Or it could be a Wii Trojan and cause it to uhm...
Format the wii? (Then it would just return to normal... 'cept w/o your Game Saves...)

Ya, I guess the worst that can happen is you lose your saved data.

Woo...Now I want to buy a Wii memory card just to back up my games. The thought of me losing my Twilight Princess data is scary...And my mom would murder me!:)

A virus and if it's a wii-specific virus, could do anything to your wii (depends on the skill of the virus creator), it could damage the wii operating system, rendering it unusable.
And think, if someone created a wii virus where you caught it on your computer, it could infect your SD card (providing you have one) and then extract/run itself through the wii photo channel.
I don't think anyone will be able to do that yet though.
Your safe for now.
Lee.J

lee.jarratt said:
A virus and if it's a wii-specific virus, could do anything to your wii (depends on the skill of the virus creator), it could damage the wii operating system, rendering it unusable.
And think, if someone created a wii virus where you caught it on your computer, it could infect your SD card (providing you have one) and then extract/run itself through the wii photo channel.
I don't think anyone will be able to do that yet though.
Your safe for now.
Lee.J

are you trying to say dont go on internet channel or dont go on any dogy sites on the channel.

the only way u can get a virus is if u go on a dogy site from the internet channel.

this make me think about deleting the channel from my wii

A virus effects a computor. . .

The wii is'nt a computor. . .

Whats it gonna do?

Keylogger?
Corrupt files?

Meh, you safe dont worry.

rishi 20 said:
are you trying to say dont go on internet channel or dont go on any dogy sites on the channel.

the only way u can get a virus is if u go on a dogy site from the internet channel.

this make me think about deleting the channel from my wii

Im not saying that, it is safe. But there is 0000000.1% chance there might be a small infection/virus created

This is what firmware updates are for, stopping things like this before it happens:prrr:

800TH POST!!!!! W00TAGE!!!! it only took me two or three weeks :lol:

rishi 20 said:
oh ok but insnt the only way to get the virus is to get from a certain site

yep, but at first the virus will be on 1 site out of trillions and there will be a patch for it by then :) dont worry

lee.jarratt said:
yep, but at first the virus will be on 1 site out of trillions and there will be a patch for it by then :) dont worry

its good we can rely on u. iv added on my wii ill give u my code later. but first tell me if ur gonna add me by pming me

Cpt.McCloud said:
A virus effects a computor. . .

The wii is'nt a computor. . .

Whats it gonna do?

Keylogger?
Corrupt files?

Meh, you safe dont worry.

LOL

Well, in theory, it computes, so it is a computer, but not a PC.
Also by saying keylogger, you are meaning spyware, adware, keylogger, malicious software. NOT a virus.

It could erase save data. Flash/format system storage space rendering any part or all of the OS useless. HELL it could even screw up the thermostat causing the fan to not run and overheat the system.

Anything is possible, just unlikely.

LowTek said:
LOL

Well, in theory, it computes, so it is a computer, but not a PC.
Also by saying keylogger, you are meaning spyware, adware, keylogger, malicious software. NOT a virus.

It could erase save data. Flash/format system storage space rendering any part or all of the OS useless. HELL it could even screw up the thermostat causing the fan to not run and overheat the system.

Anything is possible, just unlikely.

Meh, Good anough reply to my foolish message:lol:
Oh boy, I'm gonna get you good:prrr: :lol:

Back