Capcom Has a Surprise for Resident Evil fans with a Wii.

Capcom press release:

To celebrate the release of Resident Evil 5 on Friday, March 13th, Capcom and our friends at GameStop are throwing a launch party! On the eve of the launch, Thursday the 12th, meet us at Union Square in San Francisco to usher in Resident Evil 5. The event kicks off at 8pm and ends at midnight when you will be able to pick up your game- in-between we’ll have plenty going on to keep you busy. For starters, there will be a whole tent dedicated to the game where tons of kiosks will be set up and players will get a chance to get their hands on the game before grabbing it at midnight. You’ll also have the chance to win prizes and giveaways, meet the development team including co-producers, Takeuchi-san and Kawata-san and hang out with the motion capture/voice actors that played Chris, Sheva and Josh. To top it all off there will be new game announcements, stage shows, and Resident Evil activities all through out the night.

In order to guarantee you get the game at midnight, please stop by the Powell Street GameStop before the party to get your game transaction processed. You will need to get your proof of purchase wrist band and receipt for the GameStop store in order to pick-up your game at the party.

Also make sure to get there early as there will be limited space and we want to make sure you all get to enjoy the party!

Just to re-cap the details: be at Union Square in San Francisco by 8:00pm. I highly recommend getting there EARLY. We’ll party until midnight, then you can get your copy of the game with proof of purchase at the Powell St. GameStop. See you there!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=74969

Notice it's plural: "new game anouncements"

Maybe they'll officially anounce Spyborgs, Monster Hunter 3 for NA, and Tatsanoko vs. Capcom for NA as well. ;)

I'm surprised none of you mentioned all the rumors going around that this new RE wii game is going to be a remake of RE Code Veronica.

Personally I think it has the best chance of being remade on Wii using the RE4 engine considering its the only one that didn't use pre-renders it was all 3D backgrounds ,and characters.

Whats your guys thoughts.

i just hope it is something good. i didnt really like umbrella chronicles much...
hopefully whatever it is will be good enough for me to hit the eject button on my RE4. i just want a NEW GREAT Resident Evil game for the Wii. Dont get me wrong, i love my wii and re4, but Lets make the 360 and ps3 owners envious for once...

It should be noted he said "very happy". But, they're not going to put Resident Evil 5 on Wii. Why would they suddenly decide that after just releasing it on 360 and PS3? It's most likely a new Wii-specific Resident Evil game.

What do you think would sell better, a downgraded RE5, or an original game?

What do you think would sell better, a downgraded RE5, or an original game?

I don't think it matters, considering RE4 Wii sold well despite it selling well on GameCube too.

I enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles but I am hoping for something a little bit different this time around.

I don't think it matters, considering RE4 Wii sold well despite it selling well on GameCube too.

I enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles but I am hoping for something a little bit different this time around.

But, RE4 on Wii isn't a downgrade, just like the Metroid Prime Wii port isn't a downgrade. However, RE5 on Wii would be a downgrade. So, any Wii owner with a PS3 or 360 (which there seem to be a LOT of) would probably stick with those versions. I think part of why RE4 sold well on Wii was also due to Wii's lack of mature games at that point.

But, RE4 on Wii isn't a downgrade, just like the Metroid Prime Wii port isn't a downgrade. However, RE5 on Wii would be a downgrade. So, any Wii owner with a PS3 or 360 (which there seem to be a LOT of) would probably stick with those versions. I think part of why RE4 sold well on Wii was also due to Wii's lack of mature games at that point.

Yeah, that's true. It really seems that Wii owners tend to have another next-gen console and that they only get Wii exclusive games for Wii and that's about it. RE5 for the Wii would be a dumb move on Capcom's part.

Going to be a rails shooter..

March 11, 2009 - As reported earlier here at IGN Wii, Capcom's big Resident Evil surprise for Wii owners turned out to be Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles, a sequel to the gun shooting game Umbrella Chronicles. Since posting that initial report, more details on the game have come our way from Famitsu.

Darkside Chronicles takes place in Resident Evil 2's Racoon City. It's September 29, 1998, and the city has turned to hell due to the effects of the T-virus. Players take control of Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy to deal with the undead in Umbrella Chronicles forced scrolling style.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961342p1.html

Oh goody I get to look at a better render Clare dareyair

Going to be a rails shooter..

March 11, 2009 - As reported earlier here at IGN Wii, Capcom's big Resident Evil surprise for Wii owners turned out to be Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles, a sequel to the gun shooting game Umbrella Chronicles. Since posting that initial report, more details on the game have come our way from Famitsu.

Darkside Chronicles takes place in Resident Evil 2's Racoon City. It's September 29, 1998, and the city has turned to hell due to the effects of the T-virus. Players take control of Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy to deal with the undead in Umbrella Chronicles forced scrolling style.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961342p1.html

LMAO.

I got a feeling it won't sell as well as its predecessor, with Dead Space: Extraction and Sin & Punishment 2 coming out, too -- two likely to be better games.

I'm stick of this focus on light gun/on rails shooters with Wii. RE4 sold extremely so obviously that control scheme works on Wii why not improve it with a new Wii RE adventure game. Theres games are becoming too much.

RE: UC
RE: DC
HotD 2&3
HotD OK
Target Terror
Ghost Squad
Dead Space Extraction

Come on enough already

Why not House of The Dead the FPS where you actually control your guy
Why not a RE4 style RE ,and Dead Space

GRRR

I will cross my fingers for a directly port of RE5!!
I don't interested in old franchises!!
A RE5 port using the same engine "MT Framework" they used for Xbox360/Ps3 will be better, pushing the Wii's hardware to the limits!!
And add the RE4 Wii Edition controls, the result "The best RE5 version even better than the Xbox360/Ps3 versions"
Cross your fingers!!
"Pushing its limits?" Try "breaking its back."

It's not possible

hope its a re5 port but sdly i probably wnt be. ha i realized people call dark prinny dp. double penetrate (kids dont look it up on google images) lol

It's already confirmed to be a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles...

Just read this page.

Back