Clans......?

Basically, I think the reason is because Clans normally have their own website 99% of the time, and they have to advertise that website to their clan members, which attracts people away from WiiChat - I think that is the reason

I don't see why clans are banned anyways tbh, its a stupid rule if you ask me

-Boz- [UK];1034664 said:
Basically, I think the reason is because Clans normally have their own website 99% of the time, and they have to advertise that website to their clan members, which attracts people away from WiiChat - I think that is the reason

Yet another good reason why clans should be banned. Still don't got it, though.

so what is your belief on this, CK? don't keep such great reasons to yourself. mm?

seriously, i don't even care about clans and im getting miffed about this "mystery reason", lol...just come out with it and say what it is already.

It's not my reason, it's just rumours I've heard on why clans are banned. It's nothing too big, but whatever. :p

From what I know (which isn't very accurate information), way back before I ever joined, clans were everywhere. Be it for Brawl or some other game, there was a clan for it, with just as many stupid clan leaders. I heard there was constant flame wars between clans, and just clan wars in general. I doubt it made the forum look very organized, or intelligent for that matter. Either the mods, or i0n himself (perhaps both), had enough and placed a ban on clans.

That's the rumour I've heard, anyways. Don't trust my information. :p If it is true, I'd say it's reason enough to ban clans, along with moronic clan members.

well thats true, but its not really spamming.
although thats kinda lame still. this is supposed to be the biggest unofficial wii forums.
well its not so big anymore without clans. like most websites the best thing mods and admins can do is to make an announcement saying theyre not responsible for the problms caused between the two clans. all clans would do is aattract more members which is good for the site since it hasnt been that active lately.

In the case I presented above, quality is more important than quantity. A few hundred clan members prone to flaming and bent on flaming others doesn't make for a good forum, Kento. :p Advertising of competiting websites is ofcourse, also forbidden, which most clans come here to do; advertise.

Not to mention many of the idiots that clans welcome into forums, can be absurdly annoying to members that can't relate to them (good, non-clan members? :p). I wouldn't be suprised if the constant flame wars back then had a few veterans leaving Wiichat permanently.

I'd rather have the good members we currently have stay, than be replaced by a hundred or so of CoD fanboy clan member flamers. :p

That'd be allowing advertising on the site. The rules clearly state no advertising. :p We'd also appear higher on google searchers if we had a ton of clan threads, then we'd attract even MORE clan idiots. Clan anything = no.

Well there's nothing I can do to allow clan here so imma just give up :(
CK thinks I'm a clan idiot now :/
Ipdking PM me if u wanna join. No clans allowed here.

Back