College Football

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
Anyone here college football fans? I for one am a big fan. I think that college brings a better atmosphere and more exciting matches compared to the NFL.

I like both NFL and NCAA football, and I don't really have a favorite college team, because my school's team is terrible and I have no respect for them. I tend to root for the underdog or the CA team when I watch, since that's where I'm from.

There is definitely a different atmosphere to college football over the of the pros, it is faster paced with more action, because you don't usually get evenly matched teams like you do in the NFL and you get some pretty big games almost weekly with NCAA games. I love football in general.

God I love football. GO BUCKEYES!!! I've been to many college games (a few confrence championships) and probably even more NFL games since I live in Jacksonville (a couple in Baltimore as well and 1 in Carolina) and, imo, I think nothing comes close to watching a NFL game at the stadium. College is really sick too but the NFL atmosphere is something special. 75 percent of college stadiums are drunken 18-22 year olds that are there for the party and not the game. I've seen it too many times...and i'm 23 myself! LOL....I guess I just don't like being around all those immature adults.

This past weekend was nutty with upsets, I mean we have Ohio State at #1, USF #2, Boston College at #3, and then Kentucky ahead of USC(13) and Cal(10) at #8. Just crazy nonsense.

blueovalboy7 said:
This past weekend was nutty with upsets, I mean we have Ohio State at #1, USF #2, Boston College at #3, and then Kentucky ahead of USC(13) and Cal(10) at #8. Just crazy nonsense.

OSU should not be #1 :sick:, USF and BC can take them out easily. Kentucky being placed into the top 10 was no surprise, beating the LSU Tigers is no easy task.

USC has shown horrible performances the last 2 outings. And Cal suffered an embarrassing loss against Oregon State.

I agree, but it just surprised me some, I'd like to see USF and BC play for the National Championship, that would be pretty cool, at least I think.

i don't watch that much nfl except the superbowl but i watch like every ncaa game that is on, GO WVU!!

Got season tickets to the Iowa Hawkeyes. I have had them for about 7 years. So, I was there when Iowa was getting all of these top ten finishes and I'm here where they are now, bottom of the big ten... but, no worries, I think, in two years we will be in a Jan. 1 bowl game again.

...And oh yeah. Iowa's win over Ilinois was real nice. Snapped that 8 game big ten losing streak to a very solid team feels much better. And jeez...Iowa State sucks. 56-3 to a sub-par Texas team at home...ouch.

Any anyway, I think OSU deserves that one spot for now. They are the only real team that hasn't been upset by a crappy team (Excluding all those SEC powerhouses.) USC is dreadful. I expect them to lose at Oregon and at California. Maybe even against Arizona State. Cal's better than they looked against Oregon State. If they had Longshore he game wouldn't have been close. I still say they win the Pac 10.

Ohio State takes the Big ten
But the OSU-Michigan game could be huge at the end of the season (Like always)

The big 12 should be more entertaining then usual. Although, Oklahoma should win the South easily, the North could be great to watch. Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State could all win it.

SEC is wide open. I think if Kentucky can beat Florida this weekend, they have the inside route to an SEC title. (They'll still have to get by LSU again though)

I think the ACC will be decided a week from thursday. BC at VT. Should be a great game to watch. I personally think BC is overated so I think VT should win then take the conference.

Big East should go to South Florida. But, you never know. They might end up doing something stupid and losing. Who knows?

My current top 5:
1. OSU
2. South Florida
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Kentucky

BCS title game:

Oklahoma vs. LSU

Just my two cents.

I'm a freshman in University of Georgia and this is the first year that I've really been paying attention to college football. UGa is ranked 22 right now on AP and BCS poll I believe. I think we have a great overall team with QB Stafford and Moreno (FB or RB, don't recall) with great potential. The problem is that Georgia plays inconsistently. It will play fantastically in one game and then play horribly in another. This season has been pretty hard on UGa with the only easy victory being Oklahoma State.

EDIT: As for this season overall, it's been insane. So many of these top tier teams have been losing to unranked teams and the some of the highest ranked teams weren't even in the top 25 at the beginning of the season. All of the original Top 5 and maybe even the Top 10 have lost. My own Georgia started no.12 and lost to South Carolina, who was unranked but coached by Spurrier, in the SECOND game after having kicked the crap out of Oklahoma State in the first game. Then it gradually went back up the rankings before getting massacred by Tennessee. Georgia is now facing Florida, Auburn, and Kentucky. Man, that'll be fun.

Last edited:
USF vs Rutgers Tonight, 7:30 (ET) on ESPN. I might be watching it or the Indians/Red Sox game.

Yeah, I'll probably go back and forth. I've got a friend that's a big Rutgers fan so I know he'll be texting me every time something happens. I expect it to be a good game.

Rutgers 30, USF 27

Another one bites the dust. I watched most of the first half and USF didn't really impress me.

It won't be surprising if OSU gets beaten by MSU tomorrow. MSU is a pretty solid team with a great offense. Crazy season so far, it'll be interesting who finishes in the top 10.

Back