College Football

blueovalboy7 said:
I hope the National Championship game turns out to be a good one, aka LSU destroying Ohio State, can't say I like either team but I dislike OSU more.

Nice, Geaux Tigers! Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't come up with a ticket to the game (nosebleed terrace seats going for upwards of $2,000). But rest assured I will be downtown for the game and watching it somewhere (hopefully somewhere in the quarter) with about 350,000 of my closest friends!

Did I mention, GEAUX TIGERS!

oh yeah, and as much as i hate Tim Teeblow, I couldn't believe the swamping the gators took. also didn't see coming: WV's offense playing that well last night. Crazier things have happend though I guess.

Sorry, I forgot about the NAZI Police. Those guys that have been around longer than I have...

Yea, sounds like you'll be having fun.

I was impressed that KU pulled off the "upset" over VT, wasn't that well played of a game overall, but when it mattered, they stepped up.

Yea, OSU had too many errors and penalties to even be a factor in the game past the first quarter. Bit of a sloppy game, but outcome was what I wanted. LSU wins 38 - 24.

I think I'd be afraid of USC next year. I'd be surprised if they don't win it all. It could very easily be them vs. Florida for the title.

But, OSU does head in and play the Trojans on September 13 which should be one hell of a game. (Assuming OSU can keep a majority of their players)

I think Mendenhall (Sp?) leaving is a big mistake on his part. His team had a chance to win the Big Ten next year and now he's leaving. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Big Ten is going to be back next year. Michigan and Ohio State are going to be their usual selfs, and I think Illinois, Iowa, Penn State, and Wisconsin will all be in the top 25 at some point in the year. (And maybe Purdue)

Some random predictions: (You may agree or disagree)

Notre Dame will be 9-3. Their losses coming to USC, Michigan, and Penn State respectively.

Les Miles is the most overrated coach ever. (I think it'll finally be exploited next year)

There will not be a non BCS school in a BCS game next year.

Clemson wins the ACC, WVU wins the Big East, Florida (After a big win at Georgia) wins SEC, OSU, Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa win big ten. (Yep) Oklahoma takes Big 12 ( Missouri and them have a little rematch in the Big 12 championship game)

Oklahoma will feel as if they "got screwed" by not playing in the national title. Then lose by 28 to Georgia in the sugar bowl.

Michigan will lose to OSU... again.

Iowa will be a sleeper in the big ten... make Capital One Bowl.

Kansas will be dreadful. Iowa State won't be. ISU finds a way to get in the top 25 late in the season.

More play-off rumors. And now matter what people think, it is necessary!

Back