College Football

Dzapper said:
Yeah the BCS never gets the right champion. After watching this season I think that Hawaii and Kansas are the two strongest teams in the nation. They should play for the championship. I HATE OHIO STATE!!!!
They never get it right, and I too dislike Ohio State, the team with the softest schedule out of any BCS top 10 team. I think LSU shouldn't be there either, sure they won some big games, but just barely. I would have to say with the way some teams finished the season I would like to see USC play Oklahoma, but that's just me. USC would be very difficult to beat right now, and Oklahoma had a pretty decent year and have a strong team.

Going back to the National Championship game, I think LSU is going to roll OSU, Ohio is just nowhere near as good as LSU, and I think they would lose to most any of the teams in the top 10. I'll go with 45-27 LSU.

Dzapper said:
Yeah the BCS never gets the right champion. After watching this season I think that Hawaii and Kansas are the two strongest teams in the nation. They should play for the championship. I HATE OHIO STATE!!!!

There's no question in my mind that Hawaii at least deserves a chance at playing in the title game as they are the only undefeated team, but Kansas and them are in no way the strongest teams in football...(But obviously you are a tad bias proclaiming your hate for Ohio State)

My current top 3:
1.Oklahoma
2.USC
3.Virginia Tech

Oh, and here's my play-offs for ya.(With each teams current BCS ranking)

Indianapolis Regional:

#8 Kansas
#9 West Virginia

Winner takes on #1 OSU

New Orleans Regional

#7 USC
#10 Hawaii

Winner takes on #2 LSU

San Antonio Regional

#13 Illinois*
# 5 Georgia

Winner plays #4 Oklahoma

Jacksonville Regional

#6 Missouri
#11 Arizona State

Winner plays #3 Va Tech.

*Illinois gets in over Florida because Florida and Georgia are conference opponents.

I think Florida would deserve a shot at the title over Illinois and being that Florida and Georgia are conference opponents would make for a damn good game.

I completely agree, but as an Iowa fan who's team beat Illinois this year (1-0 vs. BCS teams!) that's what I would hope for. But, yeah, there's no question in my mind that Florida should deserve a chance.

Yea, they are about to announce the newest Heisman Trophy winner...(drum-roll)...and the winner is...

Yea, that's the first decision made by the College Football writers that I like.

Tebow got 1,957 points.
McFadden got 1,703 points.

That was as close as people were predicting.

That's as close as it's been since Palmer beat Iowa's Banks or when Bo Jackson beat Iowa's Long.

What I'm saying is that Iowa gets screwed.

Seriously, Bo Jackson Beat Chuck Long by about 50 points! Bo Jackson is in the top ten for best college football players of all time!

Iowa isn't in a big enough market I guess. I don't go to a school with a good football program so my ties are to other big CA teams, like USC, UCLA, and Cal.

Yeah, you're probably right. I am happy to have one winner credited to the Hawkeye name (1939 winner Nile Kinnick) Which is still more than a lot of other schools.

But, on a different note, of the 3 schools with seven Heismans, (USC, OSU, and Notre Dame) which one will get to 8 first?

To be honest I'd break it down like this, based on current players:

46% OSU
39% USC
15% Notre Dame

I can't really say I'm a college football expert, but based on the stats from their top players I'd say Ohio State has a better chance than either of the other two with a decent quarterback and a promising running-back, they would have the best chance in the next couple years. Though I see Tebow throwing down another campaign for a repeat Heisman next year and if he stays for his senior year, once again for a possible 3 peat (not likely, but he does have room for improvement, which is scary if you ask me)

Back