College Football

blueovalboy7 said:
With that Navy win, does that tell you how terrible this years Notre Dame team really is.

I was happy to see Michigan come back and win that one going away.

Was surprised to see BC lose to FSU, questionable calls towards the end bothered me a bit.

USC rolled, but I don't see why they wouldn't its only Oregon State.

LSU should've lost, Bama was in control of that game until the fumble then ensuing TD by LSU.

Oregon is damn good, though the Sun Devils aren't known for being a 1st half team, but they let the Ducks get too far ahead.

Essentially I still don't think Ohio State should be #1 and after this weekend I'd put em at 3. In my book I would go 1-Oregon, 2-LSU, 3-Ohio State, 4-Oklahoma, and 5-Kansas.

USC is somewhat struggling this year, Oregon State isn't a bad team, they are actually pretty decent. They actually beat USC last year, why couldn't they this year. OSU's only true challenge will be at Michigan this year.

Oregon's a real good team but they wouldn't stand a chance against OSU. It's really just a match up thing mixed with what Oregon wants to do and with what OSU is good against.

My opinion doesn't change on LSU though. They are the best team in college football, and the only thing stopping them from the title game is the SEC championship.

My opinion changes again:

BCS Final:

LSU: 34
OSU: 21

(But that's assuming that OSU beats Michigan. If they don't, the door is open for Oregon.)

lol no one cares yet about UCONN...oh, you will soon, theyre sneakin up on everyone, theyll finish in the top ten if they beat West Virginia on their last game of the year...they are on a roll

College football is much more exciting IMO. Such high scoring these days, it's a lot more fun to watch.

Gators FTW.

uloseiwin said:
lol no one cares yet about UCONN...oh, you will soon, theyre sneakin up on everyone, theyll finish in the top ten if they beat West Virginia on their last game of the year...they are on a roll

Connecticut is not going to take down West Virginia. West Virginia is just too much better at their core. And even if Connecticut can pull the miracle upset the Big East isn't strong enough to grab a BCS Championship bid.

see, everyone underestimates them because they have never been good...but now, they are, and everyone better watch out. But you are right, UConn isnt good enough to get a BCS Championship bid or anything.

I do think they will beat West Virginia, though.:yesnod:

I'm happily surprised with UConn and I hope they continue to play well.

I would like to see Oregon play OSU, that would be a good game, at least I think.

LSU bothers me, they play just barely well enough to squeeze out the victory. (Though I don't think they deserved to win the game against Bama) From a team that was #1 for a stint and should be great, I expect better. (As for the Trojans, I think they were just overhyped this year)

I hope that Ohio State does have to play LSU in New Orleans for the championship. I also hope they win, because if they do, it will erase all of the doubts in everyone's minds that OSU shouldn't be number 1. They need to win against LSU to get over this SEC is better than all other conferences talk.

If LSU loses the SEC championship game and Oregon plays OSU for the title, LSU fans will be crying that OSU and Oregon didn't have to play a conference championship game and therefore it's not fair.

OSU beating LSU is the only way they're going to get respect this year.

spcmanspif said:
I hope that Ohio State does have to play LSU in New Orleans for the championship. I also hope they win, because if they do, it will erase all of the doubts in everyone's minds that OSU shouldn't be number 1. They need to win against LSU to get over this SEC is better than all other conferences talk.

If LSU loses the SEC championship game and Oregon plays OSU for the title, LSU fans will be crying that OSU and Oregon didn't have to play a conference championship game and therefore it's not fair.

OSU beating LSU is the only way they're going to get respect this year.

Why shouldn't they cry. LSU would be playing an extra game compared to Oregon.

There should be champioship games for every major conference.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Why shouldn't they cry. LSU would be playing an extra game compared to Oregon.

There should be champioship games for every major conference.

Don't forget that the SEC, BIG 12, ACC, etc. commissioners were the ones who wanted the extra game. It brings in more revenue for the schools.

It is the PAC 10 and BIG 10's decision not to. If LSU doesn't want to play in the SEC Championship Game, then they should be crying to their conference commissioner, not the rest of the country.

spcmanspif said:
Don't forget that the SEC, BIG 12, ACC, etc. commissioners were the ones who wanted the extra game. It brings in more revenue for the schools.

It is the PAC 10 and BIG 10's decision not to. If LSU doesn't want to play in the SEC Championship Game, then they should be crying to their conference commissioner, not the rest of the country.

Like I said, every major conference should have a championship game. It just makes sense to me.

I agree, it makes sense. I think it is stupid not to have one. Overall I think the rankings format is terrible, and the BCS is garbage which is the main reason I will always prefer NFL over College football.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Like I said, every major conference should have a championship game. It just makes sense to me.

You're only saying that because you're in a conference that has a championship game. If you weren't, you might be thinking differently. Remember, these conf. championship games have only been around the last couple of years. It's not like they are college football history. It's all because of greed and wanting more money that these commissioners agreed to have conf. championship games. I'd rather see players not have to play an extra game where they could get hurt.

spcmanspif said:
You're only saying that because you're in a conference that has a championship game. If you weren't, you might be thinking differently. Remember, these conf. championship games have only been around the last couple of years. It's not like they are college football history. It's all because of greed and wanting more money that these commissioners agreed to have conf. championship games. I'd rather see players not have to play an extra game where they could get hurt.

I still the think that the two best teams in a conference should decide the best team in conference. In a league without a championship could hypotheticly play the crappiest teams in you conference.

Last edited:
I have no affiliation to conferences with or without a championship game, and I still think that there should be a game played between the two best teams at the end of the season to decide the better team to represent the conference.

I'm not sure if these championship games count towards BCS standings or not but if they do, I find it to be an unfair advantage to the teams who play these championship games and improve their standings while other teams are idle. (Comments only apply if they do count)

Back