Component cables make Wii unplayable (too bright)

i also have this problem on my HDTV, never found a solution.

And I really wish people would stop saying "have you changed the brightness on your TV?" none of us are stupid.

sounds a little strange to me.. Nothing about the cable should change the brightness. I am expecting some 3rd party cables in next week so I hope all goes well for me.

bigtymer said:
I just got my Component cables in the mail (3rd party, ordered online) and I set them up correctly, I checked for about 10 minutes, and my problem is this... They are pretty nice 3rd party ones, look pretty much the same as the Intec ones except these have a white mesh sleeve and gold plated connectors.

Everything is super bright on the Wii Menu. I mean, it's so bright that it is hard to see everything, the fine lines are almost washed out.

I googled this issue and found 2 posts on this very board:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/10791-screen-too-bright-component-cables.html

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/12660-component-cable-too-bright.html

---

Now I am going to try to get a refund for the cables and want to know if I will have any luck with another brand of cables (either Nintendo or other 3rd party, ie Intec/Mad Catz) I'd hate to buy another set of cables and then find out that they are worthless too.

If not, then perhaps this is just a weird glitch with the Wii on certain TV's? I'm using a 40" Polaroid 720P HDTV LCD... Any help would be appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone had solved this issue or determined why many people are having this problem.

Thanks for your help.

generally... better clarity can come from better briteness... example a real pure white as opposed to a whitewash... thats probably what you're experiencing...

either way... pick up your remote... go to menu... turn down brightness... voila der you have its :yesnod:

Might not be the brightness. I've used LCD monitors at work that have awful contrast/brightness issues and there is no way to configure the screen to look correct. In this case, you should try some Nintendo brand cables. If those fail, then it's possible your TV or your Wii are experiencing issues.

I'm a little bit behind the times in video technology (27" CRT junker) at home but I'm surprised at the number of people having problems with 3rd party component cables. Copper is copper. The problem however is that if your Wii or TV does have some issue then having the Nintendo brand cables will help your case. And, maybe you'll luck out and find that the Nintendo brand component cables work better.

ok thats cool rebelj12a i could not tell if you had any idea what you were talking about or not but i totally understand, haha typing at 2 a.m. does not always come out right. sorry i called you out on it

no problem belmont... things like that happen...

heh i should hope i know what im talkin about, i work at radio shack... hah

I purchased the Game stop Brand component Hi Def cables and it looks great on my 42" Plasma TV. Never Had to change any settings from regular cables to These, The picture looks way better Now :D

I'm glad you know what your talking about, I wished you worked at the radio shack in my town. For 5 years they've had 20 different employees there and they never know what they're talking about. :frown2:

hah yeah at Radio Shack you either know what your talkin about or you dont... and the people that dont, dont usually stay that long heh which is probably why your radio shack has had 20 different employees in 5 years

I always wondered why at the start of Twilight Princess it has a brightness setting.
It's possibly the settings on your TV. But third party aren't reliable.

yeah i stay away from third party as much as i can. i never buy third party controllers and try my best not to buy third party memory but its alot cheaper so somtimes i do. nintendo makes the best quality gaming stuff out there so i stick with it

Belmont said:
yeah i stay away from third party as much as i can. i never buy third party controllers and try my best not to buy third party memory but its alot cheaper so somtimes i do. nintendo makes the best quality gaming stuff out there so i stick with it

I once bought a MadCatz controller for the GameCube because I only had 12 quid on me (what a waste) and it seems it had this "Turbo" button on and an extra Z button on the other side, which I found no use for whatsoever. It also had that ugly, silver wire that the Nintendo wifi USB adapter has :sick: Well, after about half a year it started going fault and always steered to the right. ¬_¬;

Back