Component cables make Wii unplayable (too bright)

Rebelj12a said:
ok so we've established you know how to use wiki ok then...

neways, im saying 720p is standard because its not the best

and yeah HDMI can carry 420p to 1080p which doesnt matter because the component cables discussed here can carry 420p just the same... regardless of that my issue is and question is... is that all the wii has? does it even have the power 1080p HDMI cable output?

No,It's called knowing what you're talking about before just pulling **** out of your ass,some people gain knowledge without use of the internet(obviously not you). I also see you've made up a new resolution...420P? And yes,it does have the power to output through HDMI(audio/video),it just doesn't have that option.

Im having the same issue. I have a flat screen Panasonic. IT IS NOT THE TV SETTINGS!!! I would like to think anyone who does not wear a helmet would try this first. I am using the cables that came with the wii. What cables should I purchase to use?

Hi, I was having the same problem with my LG37" but have made an adaptor to take the brightness down. Theres some pictures on the nintendo forum linked earlier in this post (page 14 I think). It cost me about £4 and was pretty easy. If any one wants some advice Ill do my best. The basic explanation is that you add some resistors on one of the component leads that controls brightness. Let me know if you wanna have a go building one. My picture is %100 better. This is also meant to fix the picture drop out people were getting on very bright bits of Zelda.

It's common, it happened to somebody else too (not so sure if it was LCD though), I got some random cables off of meritline.com, I never had a problem, except there seems to be a slight refresh rate problem, but at times it's hardly noticable, i'd say change brightness, it's not the best thing to do, but if it works, it works, also, like mym6 said, could be a problem withe the Wii or the TV, what you could do is get somebody experienced in the field to set it up for you, I know the basics of HD, but even I run into problems

Right then. The Wii outputs too bright a picture through component for some televisions to handle. Its nothing to do with the brightness settings of the TVs, the Wiis image is outside the recommended boundaries for a component signal. Nintendo has screwed up a little and hopefully they'll fix it with an update in the future. This brightness has also been causing picture drop out for a lot of users. Its a known problem with the wii that cant be fixed by "menu/ brightness" or "i'd say change brightness". These comments are not helpful as you don't know what the problem is. The resistor fix worked really well for me.

Anyone with similar problems check out -

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo...ssage.id=24096&view=by_date_ascending&page=15

Back