Controller Options grow

phimuajedi69

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2006
NC/SC, US
Just found this pic in the gallery, now there are two add-ons to the wiimote, the gun and a cube controller-like attachment!

medium_untitled-1.jpg

That brings the different controller options up to what 6? wiimote, gun attachment, classic controller, cube attachment, regular cube controllers (don't know if these will work on wii games, but if they made a wiimote attachment with the layout then prolly), i guess we can assume the dk bongos will still work....

whats next? a steering wheel for the racing games? a hilt for swordfighting?

though i hate to put a little rain cloud over the wii right now, it looks like though the system is going to be pretty cheap nintendo wants to really make that back by selling as many different controllers as they can.

That's awesome.

it looks like though the system is going to be pretty cheap nintendo wants to really make that back by selling as many different controllers as they can
I think that Nintendo would just sell the Wii cheap and mainly make the profit off accessories. ^_^

I heard that the gamecube shell thing isnt real... since you already can use regular gamecube controllers... plus they made a "classic" controller

^-- we'll know when it launches i guess, most of the info on this stuff is half speculation based on official (and un-official, regretably) rumor anyway

i think it could be real (or at least a much considered idea to have a nice promo shot like that for it...) simply bc most of the old cube controllers aren't wireless whereas this add-on would be. and to give people who didn't jump on the cube bandwagon a chance to get the excellent control design without buying outdated hardware

it also puts some extra buttons into the mix there in the middle, not sure if there would be a use for them or not.

I geuss so... plus the attachment would probably be cheaper then buying a whole new gamecube controller...

The controllers look good, the classic one closely resembling the gamecube controller plus that extra bit extended out at the bottom. The cheap console will really boost the demand for the console, as price is less of an issue. I would also agree that the accessories will be part of the marketing opportunities of Nintendo.

The GC attachment was a photoshop >>

The only attachments so far are as follows: Nunchuck, Virtual Console Controller, and "The Zapper"

Yeah look for some sort of annoucements during the summer to get some clarity on these controllers and what they can do.

Last edited:
jesse said:
Yeah look for some sort of annoucements during the summer to get some clarity on these controllers and what they can do.
>> Man I hope a firm release date comes out this summer

Nintendo will be featuring backward compatabiltie for the first time so they'll always use interesting controllers for other consoles. But my greatest concern is how much would the games be if purchased by the virtual console

phimuajedi69 said:
Just found this pic in the gallery, now there are two add-ons to the wiimote, the gun and a cube controller-like attachment!

medium_untitled-1.jpg

That brings the different controller options up to what 6? wiimote, gun attachment, classic controller, cube attachment, regular cube controllers (don't know if these will work on wii games, but if they made a wiimote attachment with the layout then prolly), i guess we can assume the dk bongos will still work....

whats next? a steering wheel for the racing games? a hilt for swordfighting?

though i hate to put a little rain cloud over the wii right now, it looks like though the system is going to be pretty cheap nintendo wants to really make that back by selling as many different controllers as they can.

Doesnt the gamecube attachment look bigger or the same exact size

Link of Arc said:
Nintendo will be featuring backward compatabiltie for the first time so they'll always use interesting controllers for other consoles. But my greatest concern is how much would the games be if purchased by the virtual console

Thats one of the biggest questions on everybodies mind. How much will the games for the virtual console cost. I wish I knew but the fact is that we wont know nothing until Nintendo releases some information to us ><;

Last edited:
I would assume it would be a monthly fee to access them online; you can't fit all of those games on Flash memory, can you? So, a monthly fee to temporarily have it on the Flash memory (or permanently?). Either way, I would imagine it'd be something like that. $10 a month with anytime cancellation sounds reasonable to me. :)

Back