Darn you xbox.

On the Xbox 360 forum there is word that the new Halo editions and Elites are coming with the new chips in them allready mine gets here tomorrow so I've got my fingers crossed that I have one with the new chip in it!!! I'll let every1 know as soon as I find out. There is pics of the new chip set onthe new Halo one on there too, so it's not a BS post.

how new is it? because alot of elites have had the rrod already from what i read on other forums, i wish the best of luck to you though.

Sorry, no new chips.

To quote the WoW forums, Screen shot or it didn't happen.

The Elite, and all new XBox 360s are still using the old .98 nm chips, not the newer .65 nm technology. Microsoft is NOT upgrading the chip set to the cooler running, more stable .65 nm chips.

C'est la vie.

Man, you xbox people are deicated! I would be pissed if mine broke that soon. You would think that they would fix the underlying problem by now. I don't have that type of patience when it comes to expensive equipment like that. Good luck. At this stage in the 360's life cycle, you should complain and demand free stuff if it breaks!

I feel for you I had mine for 4 months and it broke so I sent it in for repairs. When I got it back, I decided that 360 isn't for me so I sold it to Gamestop for 250 USD with my games, it came to 395.00 USD.

I'm just waiting for a Wii to be in stock and it's time to kick ass.

I love 360 but I hate the problems with it..I have wii already so theres no reason to sell it. its always going to seem unstable to me though..ill be afraid to play it for over 2 hrs..

Yeah, I loved my 360, too. There's soo many games I still want: Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and many others but, I also want -alot- of Wii games so I came upon the decision that I'd rather have a console that I can rely on. The 360 actually frustrates me soo much that I'd almost want a PS3 more.

what games did u want for wii? those are some good 360 games there, I can't believe you sold your 360 to gamestop though u prob lost a lot of money..and I can't believe u didn't keep it just for halo 3 lol

-To be completely honest, I lost my halo addiction when I began to play Gears of War online and started working on my weapons achievements. Halo 3 was pretty awesome story but.. mehh...

-I got 250 USD for the system, alone..395 with games..

-Games I want for Wii: Zelda:TP, SSBB, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption, Guitar Hero 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Manhunt 2, RE4 [if it turns out there's alot of new things compared to GC version], Project HAMMER [if it's still in development], RE: Umbrella Chronicles, MoH: Heroes 2, and many others that are coming out later down the road. I also heard there's a Final Fantasy game in the works for the Wii. I'm really stoked about that. :D

-As you can tell, the Wii has alot more games that I want compared to the 360. I've always loved Nintendo's work since I first started gaming when I was about 5 years old. NES ftw :)

EDIT: It's rather late so pardon the bad spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
yeah I like the wii's selection more but I like 360 for the features like demos and crap..but having to pay for it sucks

Yeah, that's another thing I love the Wii for is it's free online service. I heard that it's, sometimes, a pain but, with the Weather Channel, Mii sharing, VC, and all of that. It clears outrules Xbox 360, in my opinion, especially when MoH: Heroes 2 releases. 32 player mayhem!!!!

--> This is were you are wrong....I pay for my xboxlive and i can tell you that even if my wii online service is free XBOX live is still 10 times better IMO !!!!! :ciappa:

I agree..eventhough wii has a browser and remains free it doesn't compare to xbl..but every console has its own unique style

Yeah, no new Falcon ships. Also the two games that came with it are both in the same box, so I can't sell the gay Marvel Ultimate alliance one like I was planning.

Back