Darn you xbox.

Mitch2025 said:
my original xbox i bought on launch day in 2001 is still working hard...

The same goes for me. I also had my first 360 for about two years. The only reason as to why I sent mine in to be replaced was due to a broken video port which was probably due to forcing in the cables or something along that line.

Damn Jay, did you piss Loki off or something? Mine is still going strong... I dont understand how you can be so unlucky. Late at night my box taunts me with it's electronic beauty...:drool:

on like the first day i had my xbox, i got the red ring of death...except i was like **** turned it off and turned it back on...and it works fine. idk what happened, and i really dont care cause its working!

thanks for your concern guys..had a nasty chat with microsoft cs today..all I could get out of them was another coffin which I'm sure they are taking their sweet ass time shipping that out..I only got to play a one demo(Dirt) and I played one round of fight night and it froze up, I turn it off and back on and it doesn't show anything on screen and after like 30 seconds it showed the red rings again and that was it..I'm thinking it was damaged on the way shipping here because I shook the console and it sounds like something loose but it could be the thing that judges if the console is on its side or stood up..the box it came back in is really messed up so I'm pretty sure the thing went through hell to get here..I told them that and they said they can only ship it with 3 day select..so I gotta wait a week for the coffin and allow up to 4 weeks for a repaired one to be shipped out. lucky me

Tails McCloud~ said:
Damn Jay, did you piss Loki off or something? Mine is still going strong... I dont understand how you can be so unlucky. Late at night my box taunts me with it's electronic beauty...:drool:
lol iduno man, It was bought on release day which was march 05? it died 4 months ago, which isn't bad but now I get this one back and it dies in like 40 minutes..

That sucks Jay, I hope your new xbox is a well working one. I hate it when machines due break down and we have to deal with Crap people over the phone. Its so hard to get something new but when its refurb, they throw it at you. =/ GL

I really hope this doesn't happen to me lol, I have such a short temper, and I've already been waiting ages saving up for my 360 and I'm a week or two off yet.

Hope your next one works fine =]

Yours should work fine, that is when you pick it up. Just make sure to buy an in store warranty. That way if you do get the three red lights of death you can exchange it for a brand new console.

Man, what the heck is it with the XBoxen anyway? I mean, Until the XBox, I had never heard of a Game Console having a problem that wasn't fixed by switching it off and back on, or blowing in the cartridge slot.

Wii doesn't have "General Hardware Failures"
Even PS3, which is also a computer masquerading as a console doesn't.

What did they do to the XBox? Did they (much like the Delorean car company) plow under a thousand year old fairy ring to build the factory? What about an ancient Indian burial ground? Do the internal circuits coincidentally form an inverted pentagram? Are they not sacrificing enough roosters to appease the Loa? What?

surfinrach90 said:
I really hope this doesn't happen to me lol, I have such a short temper, and I've already been waiting ages saving up for my 360 and I'm a week or two off yet.

Hope your next one works fine =]
I threw my PS2 out the window and broke 2 knuckles hitting the tv screen by getting mad at SOCOM.
Therapy is going well

Lol woah, now that's anger..

I've never lost it with a game, I know when to switch it off before I go crazy. But with other stuff I'm pretty bad, the other day I shouted at some guy for jumping infront of me at the check out and called him a fat bastard and that I was next =/.

Its pretty sad to ear that you have some problems with your Xbox360..but except if you bought it at launch you already knew that it will be a possibility that this system will die.

If I were you i will still be mad for Msoft bad service but its still a well know fact that xbox360 are not reliable. i have four friends with 360 and only mine did'nt brake yet...maybe because i have it for only two weeks and that is probably a new chipset since i have a halo3 edition...

anyway good luck with your 360:wtf:

Last edited:
surfinrach90 said:
Lol woah, now that's anger..

I've never lost it with a game, I know when to switch it off before I go crazy. But with other stuff I'm pretty bad, the other day I shouted at some guy for jumping infront of me at the check out and called him a fat bastard and that I was next =/.
To be fair though, i was kinda mad at a lot of things that day, and SOCOM was the last straw.
About you're 360 Jay, I dont think i've ever heard of something like that, but I guarantee if you ask them Why it did it so soon, and sound really mad about it, The next one might come with a little surprise. Even better, i think you shouls tell them to have you're next 360 rushed to you.

Back